Convince me why sfw is bad

T

tstewy

I am currently a sfw member i attend their banquets every year and my family biz dontaes at least a gun and pop to sell at the banquet and sell them stuff at below retail. So my question is a serious one can any one articulete why we should withdraw our support other than the tag horring which i am against but i have the gut feeling if sfw didnt get the tags some other group would. And although i belive it should be trimmed it does bring in the bacon. What specfic things have they done to hurt the hunting in utah? Does any one know what % of all net proceeds actually go to the ground. Right now the more i here the more i question? these are just a few so please if any one has factual specfic item please articulet them. ps What roll do they have in the cattleman gettting elk tags for not grazing the cows? Like i said i am a member just one with questions.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-12-10 AT 00:43AM (MST)[p]
>So my question is a serious
>one can any one articulete
>why we should withdraw our
>support other than the tag
>whoring which i am against
>but i have the gut
>feeling if sfw didnt get
>the tags some other group
>would.

Isn't the tag whoring enough reason alone? I certainly understand your concern about other groups getting these if SFW went away because it's a hell of a lot easier to prevent an entitlement program than to cut one once the pigs are feeding from the trough. In no other state in the country does SFW have such a foot hold as Utah, and they originated there. No other state has close to 500 wealth tags. Think this is a cooincidence?

> What specfic things have
>they done to hurt the
>hunting in utah?

What hunting? Since the wealth tag explosion I have not drawn a tag there despite 13+ bonus points. Prior to that I drew twice. My draw odds dropped 400%+ since the SFW takeover.

>Does any
>one know what % of
>all net proceeds actually go
>to the ground. Right now
>the more i here the
>more i question?

With all due respect, why on god's green earth would you join an organization for which you would need to even ask such a question? Obviously, full disclosure is something you should expect. No doubt SFW counts heavily on members like you. Seriously, good luck in your search for answers.

Ive been going since i was like 14 i think not sure but a long time with my dad i do remember the days where you could actually have a chance a tag like the elk banquets.

sound like you know already and hoping some-one will make ya feel good about what you have decided. use to draw and now don't that sounds like a good reason.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

ilarcher

13 points don't mean chit in utah !! you blew it!! should have 15 unless you drew elk/antelope with very few points??what 2 tags did you draw before sfw? did you get your muzzy tag this year?

LAST EDITED ON Apr-14-10 AT 09:05AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Apr-14-10 AT 07:46?AM (MST)

14 Deer points.

I drew Book Cliffs elk in 97 when there were 7 NR tags prior to SFW reducing it to 3. How's that for their elk management increasing opportunity like they boast!? Hahaha. Other tag was an OIL in 04. Of course no mzl tag or anything else this year. There are fewer tags each year now, and wide open applications, so I had no expectations

Ok so here is why i think that alot of mm dont like sfw if i can sumerize all the posts. into one thing the feel like sfw is giving away there opputunity at tags for rich guys to purchase them either by auction or some other way. I think alot of guys on here want to be able to hunt more than one elk in their life time/deer. So what else is there out there? I mean is there any facts on any corruption by their leadership? I think most of the hunters really just don't like their elk and deer herds being sold to the higest bidder. maybe we can make up the differance by charging double on permit fees the state is greedy and since it is a down econemy i think they are that much more cash starved so as sportsman what are your ideas to make up the funding differces. for habitat preador control etc and how are we to raise money for the fight against wolves?

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom