Cooking 'in' what do you take?

nvhunter

Going on my hunt next month and will be staying in a motel for 9 nights. In order to cut my costs down a little and not eat at the restaurant every night i try and cook something either in the microwave in the room or on a small BBQ grill that i take.
I've already got on the list the usual things like steak, porkchops, chorizo, burgers, but i need a few more nights menu. What do you guys do that is a little different than that?

Bring a couple cans of CHUNKY soup and some crackers(I like the Chicken Noodle and some wheat thins), it makes a meal and always is welcome meal after a long day and is fast to prepare.

THE LORD IS MY ROCK
Colorado, U.S.A
NRA LIFE MEMBER
www.ElkHunterSports.com
marines.jpg

fox14.gif

tacos. pre cook the meat before you leave on your trip, then just nuke them in the microwave

You can do baked potatoes in the microwave too. Just don't be stupid and wrap it in tinfoil! Stupid coworker... Lol! Then the usual fixin for that butter, cheese, chili etc.

Precook some burger and buy some manwich for sloppy joes works good too!

Throw in a crock pot and put on low when you leave, throw some steaks covered in bbq sauce and it will be done when you get back!

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

fajita meat nachos heated in microwave. Pre-cooked meat, bag of grated cheese, salsa, chips, "mole'" etc. makes for a filling meal. Chile pre-cooked, just heat and eat with a tupperware container full of cornbread.

just eat out, by the time u get back from hunting/scouting u will be so tired u will not wanna cook. so eat out

Jambalaya !!!

I always make a big batch before a hunt, and put up several large servings in "boiling bags".
Anyplace you can get hot water, you can have a hot meal.
Also (boiling bags meals)

Stew
Smoked, shredded pork in BBQ sauce. ( On Hoagie rolls )
Osso Bucco
Kabobs
Shrimp creole
Chili

Heck, you name it, if you can cook it at home, you can seal it up in boiling bags and re heat it in hot water. I've even done steaks that way.

>Jambalaya !!!
>
>I always make a big batch
>before a hunt, and put
>up several large servings in
>"boiling bags".
>Anyplace you can get hot water,
>you can have a hot
>meal.
>Also (boiling bags meals)
>
>Stew
>Smoked, shredded pork in BBQ sauce.
>( On Hoagie rolls )
>
>Osso Bucco
>Kabobs
>Shrimp creole
>Chili
>
>Heck, you name it, if you
>can cook it at home,
>you can seal it up
>in boiling bags and re
>heat it in hot water.
> I've even done steaks
>that way.
I have done this before and it works great... Just vacuum seal any left over dinners from home and freeze them, they will last a couple years and it's convienient to just grab a few for you're hunt... Throw them in boiling water to heat and eat out of the bag..no mess..

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

We eat canned tamales covered with a can or two of chili. We eat Dinty Moore stew as its a hearty meal. We eat Top Ramen, Baked beans with hotdogs mixed in. Premade spaghetti that we heat up.

Steve
Derkha derkha Muhammed jihad hakha sherpha sherpha abakhala- Gary of Team America World Police

Take the crock pot.... Do either a boneless pork shoulder or a beef roast. Add 1 packet of Lipton onion soup mix, potatoes, carrots, some onions, and whatever else you like. Set on low when you head out in the morning and it will be perfectly done whatever time you get back. Sometimes I also add some italian sausages too....very good.

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

86...Throw in a crock pot and put on low when you leave, throw some steaks covered in bbq sauce and it will be done when you get back!

That is the MAIDS leave you any for your return that night...LOL

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

Leave a note on the crock pot. Something to the effect of "I have a gun in the truck" "found a exceelent place to hide a body today" etc....
4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

The guys that crack me up are the ones who eat all that spicy chit...then get up in the morning and cover themselves with "scent blocker", thinking it was $12.99 well spent! LOL!

"If God did not intend for man to hunt animals, he would have made broccoli more fun to shoot"

Balogna.
Bread.
Government Cheese.
Packs of mayonaise and ketchup you get from the truckstop.
A couple of leftover frozen corndogs.

HOOK 'EM!

Cup soup just add water
hotdogs
mircowave dinners.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

I can only imagine what some of those rooms must smell like in the mornings...

I have done this a few times while I was in the military and would go TDY and have to stay on base and was only getting about $12 dollars a day to eat at the base dining facility. Chunky soup is an awesome meal maker, instant microwave rice, bread, lunch meat, tortillas with some refried beans and salsa makes a good meal, we were lucky enough to have charcoal grills outside our hotel buildings so we would grill out on the weekends usually Saturday afternoon into the evening. Find out if the room you are staying in has a microwave and coffee pot in them, they can be used to heat up water for ramen and Mac n cheese. The crock pot is a good idea, never could get one put into my bags when I travelled however.
WVBOWAK

Chili, stew, tacos, etc.

Cook the chili and stew before hand (home made), then freeze it in plastic bags. Open it up, put in a bowl, and nuke it. Same with the taco meat.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom