Cooling Down Soon?

Wiszard

Long Time Member
I checked the weather in Casper this morning and was shocked that it will be in the 70's and low 80's. WTH! It's hunting season. My Dad, my son and I will be heading out to region D on the 21st of Oct and am hoping to have some COLD weather. Are those hi temps normal for this time of year?

Steve
Derkha derkha Muhammed jihad hakha sherpha sherpha abakhala- Gary of Team America World Police

I'm glad it's warm now. Last year was the same with record highs the end of September. Means the elk rut will be later in year. I'm heading out the last two weeks of October to western WY. Should get some colder temps then and hopefully see some snow! Good luck with your hunt!

70s in Casper in late Sept. is average, 80s is just a bit above average. Most years in late Sept. the temps are either in the 40s/50s or 80s, or bouncing back and forth....hence the average in the 70s. a week ago you guys had 50s.

Look for cooler weather and potentially even some winterlike weather beginning about the 4th-5th, and lasting at least several days. Beyond that, well let's just say don't pay anyone for a forecast.

>70s in Casper in late Sept.
>is average, 80s is just
>a bit above average. Most
>years in late Sept. the
>temps are either in the
>40s/50s or 80s, or bouncing
>back and forth....hence the average
>in the 70s. a week
>ago you guys had 50s.
>
>
>Look for cooler weather and potentially
>even some winterlike weather beginning
>about the 4th-5th, and lasting
>at least several days. Beyond
>that, well let's just say
>don't pay anyone for a
>forecast.

Well I hope the weather is better than in 2009 around the 1st week of October - it snowed then & I'll be back in Kaycee on the 7th so cool is good - snow not so much:)

I'm fortunate to have flexibility with my engineering job for USPS. I'm based in Chicago but hanging in Denver between hunts. I will just work here until this next cool front blows through. Looks like Sunday morning. Also great to have a 2 month long moose season so I can just wait for good conditions. Would suck to wait 13 years, pay $1,500 then have temps ruin a OIL hunt.

Zim,

You haven't missed much. We hunted opening and last weekends. Both time temps have been 80+. Haven't seen a bull yet, and damn few cow/calves.

This hot/warm weather will not move the rut back farther. The elk just adjust like they do in New Mexico and Arizona. The bulls just do most of the bredding at night after it cools down and stay in the black timber.

Last two nights I watched a bull come into a wallow just at dark, of course it was after shooting hours.

Scratch

get ready for snow soon (by weekend) in a lot of the elevated terrain in WY....

....the post office has trains???.....hmmmm???

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom