Coolpix 8700 thoughts?

osu92

I have been using about the cheapest digital camera a guy could have for years. It's suited me fairly well and I'm not afraid to take it anywhere with me. However, there are lots of times I wish I had more camera so I've been thinking of upgrading.

So, a friend of mine who just bought a new camera is offering to sell me his Nikon Coolpix 8700, bought two years ago, for $450. It also includes:

3 batteries, charger
Case
Manual and software
1 512mb Flash Card
1 1gb Flash Card
WC-E80 Wide Angle Lens
UR-E8 Lens adapter

Does this sound like a good deal? He claims that he paid over $1000 for it new and that everything is working perfectly. I am looking to take more/better scenery pics, pics of my labs, hunting/fishing success, etc.

Thanks for the input.

It's a great camera and with the extra stuff it sounds like an okay deal. Id just be a little worried about it's age and the fact that it's digital so it could just crash at any time leaving you with a bunch of extra stuff. Getting rid of a used digital camera like that is tough. Tough decision, it is risky, but the 8700 is a great PS camera - quite too. . .

He is offering you a fair deal for a very good camera. Buy it, enjoy it and take great pictures.
He spent well over 1000.00

Joel Paymer
Camera Land
575 Lexington Ave
New York, NY 10022
212-753-5128
www.cameralandny.com

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom