Cooper Firearms Owners

JadgBob

Does anyone have a Cooper Model 52 Jackson Hunter? I am checking into one with the sythetic stock in a 270 calibur.
How to they feel compared to a Rem 700 when you mount it to your shoulder? What do you think of the gun? Can I contact you.
--JadgBob

I bought a model 52, Excalibur, 25-06 a couple of months ago. Very accurate, well built, positive case extraction and feeds smoothly from the magazine. The trigger has a small amount of creep and is set too heavy for my taste, so it is being shipped back to the factory this week. I'm not sure how to answer how it "feels" compared to a 700 since that is such a subjective measure.

I have a Jackson Hunter in 25-06. I ashamed to say I've never owned a Remington 700. It is a quality weapon, I've had it for two years without buyers remorse. I had Cooper flute the bolt, and checker the knob before delivery. Wish I had them flute the barrel too. I consider the Cooper's to be in the high end side of factory rifles, i.e. Sako, Weatherby. I have a 338 Win mag on order from Mcmillan for elk. If Cooper made a mag action, I'd of looked no further. Hope this helps. Lee

My buddy has a 223 and claims it the finest rifle he has ever shot, He has shot alot.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

I just bought another Cooper this afternoon. A Jackson Hunter in 30-06. While I haven't shot the rifle yet, the fit & feel of the Jackson Hunter seem more comfortable for off hand shooting.

I have the Jackson model 52 in a .270 win and it shoots more accurate than any gun I've ever owned. I took it to the range shot it at 25 yards with 130 gr Federal Premium with a Barnes Triple, then shot a group at 100 yds and all 6 shots (two groups of three) were inside of each other. It's amazingly accurate. I put a Leupold 4.5x14x50 on it, a great combination. I also wished Cooper made a 300 win mag or even a 7mm mag. I would own another one in a heartbeat. Hope this helps.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom