cop killer hero?

REDDOG

Long Time Member
Whats this crap going on in Oakland? guy kills 4 cops and is made out to be a hero? i just cought the end of the story on the news, looks like the cops that got killed were white and the protesters were mostly black, race issue?

This is something the NAACP, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton & Eric Holder would promote. Right up their alleys.

linked by DNA to a rape of a 12 year old girl, and was on porole for assult, what a hero.

I would like to see Al Sharpton come out against the protesters. or at least a black community standing up to them, for calling this scumbag a hero, but i wont hold my breath.

Calling him a 'true hero', mourners hold vigil for suspected Oakland cop killer Lovelle Mixon
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Thursday, March 26th 2009, 2:12 PM

Oakland Police Dept./AP

Suspected Oakland cop killer Lovelle Mixon, who was shot dead in a gunfight with police.
Related News
Articles
Thug kills 4 cops before being shot dead in California
OAKLAND, Calif. - As the city prepares for a massive public funeral for four police officers slain in the line of duty, dozens took to the streets in a show of support for the man authorities say was their killer.

Organized by International People's Democratic Uhuru Movement, the march Wednesday evening took participants near a police substation within sight of the two locations where Lovelle Mixon allegedly shot the veteran officers before being slain himself.

Loved ones and supporters walked through the streets chanting, "OPD you can't hide, we charge you with genocide!" There were no officers patrolling the march route.

"I don't condone what he did, but it's bringing to light the frustrations between the community and the police," said Uhuru Movement member Kihad Deen. "This gives people a chance to speak their minds."

Mixon's cousin, Dolores Darnell, 26, addressed the small crowd, calling him "a true hero, a soldier."

"This is the real Lovelle," she said, holding a picture of a smiling Mixon with his wife. "We do apologize for what he did to the officers' families. But he's not a monster."

Authorities say a day before the shooting the 26-year-old fugitive parolee was linked by DNA to the February rape of a 12-year-old girl who was dragged off the street at gunpoint.

The event took place a day after a city-sponsored gathering drew about 1,000 people to the crime scene to honor the slain officers: Sgt. Mark Dunakin, 40; John Hege, 41; Sgt. Ervin Romans, 43; and Sgt. Daniel Sakai, 35.

Police said Hege and Dunakin were gunned down Saturday when the two motorcycle officers pulled over Mixon. In a manhunt that followed, Romans and Sakai died when the city's SWAT team stormed an apartment where Mixon was hiding. Mixon also died in the gunfire.

Speaking at the event honoring the officers Tuesday night, Acting Police Chief Howard Jordan said the department was being sustained by an outpouring of public sympathy that included flowers, food, donations for the officers' families and more than 3,000 e-mails, cards and calls.

"It speaks volumes for us. To see so many people here today, in the very same community we lost four officers, means so much to us," Jordan said, noting that the condolences have far exceeded any hints of criticism. "We're going to get through this, with the support of our families and with the support of you, the community."

Meanwhile, the state inspector general said Wednesday that Mixon was properly monitored by corrections officials after he was released from prison in November. Mixon was wanted on a parole violation when the shootings happened, although it is not yet known whether that was the reason Hege and Dunakin pulled him over on Saturday afternoon.

Sgt. Dom Arotzarena, president of the Oakland Police Officers Association, said Wednesday that the rank-and-file is trying to cope with the tragedy while preparing for a public funeral Friday that is expected to fill the arena where the Golden State Warriors play.

"Everyone is devastated," Arotzarena said. "Everyone is trying to seek answers to it all, including, 'Why did this happen?'

"Our reaction is no different than anyone else."

According to the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund, 133 law enforcement officers died in the line of duty in 2008, a 27 percent decrease from year before and the lowest annual total since 1960.

The poor guy (Mixon) was depressed because he couldn't get a job. And it was not his fault he didn't report to his Parole Officer. The poor guy was terrified of going back to the terrible California prisons. In case you haven't heard in California the poor repressed, downtroden, victims of society that are called prisoners, excuse me inmates, oops I mean clients (WTF call them what they are, parasites!)live in awful living conditions and don't get the "constitutional" level of medical care they deserve. Can anyone explain to me what the constitutional level of care is? Oh thats right the feds are fixing that, at your expence of course! It's also not his fault, he being a convicted felon had firearms in his possession. Oh I forgot that must be the fault of the firearm manufactures, right? And I am quite certain the firearms shot the officers all by themselves. I mean guns do that, don't they? Oh and lets not forget poor Latisha or is it Lamisha, or was it Matisha? Well whatever the poor girls name was she had no idea she was harboring a fugitive. And the poor gal got a wittle burn on her leg when those bad Police tossed a flashbang into her pad prior to making a tactical entry. Poor wittle thing! And whats her name says he (Mixon) really was not the monster he's being made out to be. I mean none of this was his fault right. It must be societies fault. Or was it the Police's fault for arresting him for his prior crimes? Or, oh of course how stupid of me it must be the CDC-R's (California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation)fault for failing to rehabilitate his sorry ass!
In case you havn't figured this out I am about sick of this pelosi!
Norkal

Let's see.....he was on parole....he was linked by DNA to the rape of a 12 year old girl at gun point....and he killed a few cops.

But the family said he was no monster. I'll be darned. Maybe they can carve that on his head stone.

we are damn lucky the LEO's killed this POS. can you imagine having to watch the BS that would have followed with a trial?

I'll give 10-1 odds the guy voted DemocRAT. If he got busssed to the poll.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom