Core4, Sitka, Kuiu, Russell, others?

fuzzyvelvet

Ok, I am looking for a pair of pants that I can wear most anytime of year from archery season through later November deer hunts with a base layer. I would like it to be water proof/resistant, quiet, have a good camo pattern, and not break the bank. I would like to stay below $100 if possible. Is there a specific brand or pant you would recommend? Are some of the store brands like Cabelas worth looking at? Thanks.

Fuzzy

Personally, I would shy away from Russell. A buddy has a vest of theirs that is "water resistant." After several hunts, we refer to it as "The Sponge," due to obvious reasons. I've gotten into used Sitka gear for fair prices because there's more of it on the market...but I prefer Kuiu if I can get my hands on the stuff. There's a reason it carries the price tag it does.

>Ok, I am looking for a
>pair of pants that I
>can wear most anytime of
>year from archery season through
>later November deer hunts with
>a base layer. I
>would like it to be
>water proof/resistant, quiet, have a
>good camo pattern, and not
>break the bank. I
>would like to stay below
>$100 if possible. Is
>there a specific brand or
>pant you would recommend?
>Are some of the store
>brands like Cabelas worth looking
>at? Thanks.
>
>Fuzzy

I hate to tell you this, but you wont find any of the pants you listed for under $100 you will be lucky to get them for $150. I like the Sitka Mountain pant though. They are about $190, but I can wear them early through late season with a good under layer. Out of the ones you listed Russell or Core4 might be close to that price, but I have never looked at them.

i have a pair of the core4 switchback pants and love them! i used them all last year during the rifle deer hunt and have used them all this year for the archery deer hunt. i plan to use them for my elk hunt in October with a base layer. i was bear hunting in Idaho this year and waded a few rivers and the tops of my socks barely got wet. they are great as far as getting wet and drying out. i bought these pair off camofire for i think right around $90 TYD. plus i am a fan of the max-1 camo pattern and they have them in that pattern. i highly recommend them.

"Shoot Straight"

I also wear c4e. Great gear. I got the 2012 switchback for 75.00, and I got the element pants for 99.00. I got both pants from camofire. Beware the 2012 gear fits small, so if you wear a 34, buy a 36. The 2013 fits normal, but it's more money.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom