Coronavirus

Zim

Very Active Member
Guess where the wife and I are spending our winter getaway? Yup central China. Sichuan to be exact. And just returned from Chongqing, which borders Wuhan. Pretty crazy here 100% of people wearing masks. Huge condo complexes quarantined. Checked our temps before being allowed in a mall today. Lines at pharmacies to purchase face masks being distributed one per customer. Just hope the bullet train is not shut down or flight postponed Friday for my return to US. Caught a cold too but no fever so I think I’m good.

7F47B894-35BD-4CC2-B950-2F10C5FEBC95.png

632A4545-B81F-4D16-8C24-D452CDC29E5E.jpeg

3418FB6C-3519-426F-A07B-830EBC83D527.jpeg

2523BB5A-D87C-493C-ABB3-CC68AE1AAE34.jpeg

I feel for ya. Wife and I were just talking last night how bad it would be to be stuck traveling over there. Not to mention the whole disease thing. Keep us posted. Not sure what I would do in your shoes.

On the news this morning, DR. Oz stated that coronavirus can be contagious even before you show symptoms of having the virus.
You may have problems on re-entry to the U.S. if you are showing any signs of a illness.

RELH

I was worried for you and your Mrs when these reports started coming out Ken.

I certainly hope you nor her get infected.

Robb

3% Death rate is creeping up there. We are close to Wuhan but they are quarantined. Not too many cases in Sichuan yet.

Zim you might consider getting a flight out now instead of waiting for your scheduled flight. While in the shop one hour ago, I heard on the local news station that one of the major airlines is considering to canceling flights to and from China due to the quarantine.

Guess where the wife and I are spending our winter getaway? Yup central China. Sichuan to be exact. And just returned from Chongqing, which borders Wuhan. Pretty crazy here 100% of people wearing masks. Huge condo complexes quarantined. Checked our temps before being allowed in a mall today. Lines at pharmacies to purchase face masks being distributed one per customer. Just hope the bullet train is not shut down or flight postponed Friday for my return to US. Caught a cold too but no fever so I think I’m good.

Guess we can blame Zim when we all get wiped out. Did you voice opposition to the chi coms like you do with fish and game here? I heard they don’t take kindly to dissent over there.

Actually the virus already beat me back home. Two cases in Chicago and one awaiting confirmation in Porter County Indiana. Going there Monday for a doctor appointment but not for virus. Blew out left rotator cuff. The wheels continue to fall off. 12 hours to our return flight from Chengdu.

I just found out my grandson flew in from China two days before this story broke. He was in a different part of China.

My grandson wants to come here and visit. I told him we're pretty busy for the next couple weeks.....lol

We are back at home tonight. Interesting to note there was zero screening at O’Hare Airport Chicago. No fever check or anything. The US passport officers weren’t even wearing masks. And I watched dozens of passengers use the same fingerprint scanner without disinfecting. Sichuan China had way way more strict screening. Step-daughters condo complex, subways, bullet trains & Walmart all had mandatory fever scans minimum. Streets were abandoned. Business as usual in Chicago, even for a plane full of Chinese from the closest intl airport outside of the epicenter. Go figure. Disaster waiting to happen.

BTW - The 14 day quarantine does not affect us as it begins Sunday and only for those in Wuhan. We are already home, and were in Sichuan & Chongqing Provinces.

Hey there Zim.........been wondering about you and wife. Glad you're home here too. Thanks for posting. n

I got a bad case of the Corona virus last weekend. After about 12 of those critters I was so sick the next day.............
I hope there is a cure for it......just sayin

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom