Coues bucks & mulies does

swivelhead

Three years ago I watched a decent sized Coues buck tend a mulie doe. The buck did not breed her but he sure was trying. Anybody else ever witness something like this?

Yes. And if I was not so dumb I could have gotten pictures of a big floppy eared carp buck running around chasing and trying to mount a coues doe and her yearling this year as well. But, I left the camera in the truck for some reason that afternoon.

It happens, they run around together quite a bit sometimes.

Bret M.

I've seen that on a regular basis during the rut. I always tell people if you're on the December hunt for Coues deer and you're in an area where the two species overlap and you locate a some muleys, always look closely many times there will be a Coues buck in the vicinity if not right there with them. I located Coues bucks twice hanging around muley does and acting rutty this past December. One of the herds even had a big muley buck with them and there was still a Coues buck shadowing them.

Several years ago while guiding in unit 32 I glassed up two big Coues bucks involved in a very serious fight. It sounded like someone smacking two baseball bats together. They were fighting right next to a herd of mule deer does.

Scott

I've seen couse and muley does hanging with a muley buck one time while archery hunting in 31.

Scott G.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom