Coues deer down!

bowhuntrJLG

I was lucky enough to be able to harvest a coues deer on Sept 1st, opening afternoon in the Gila. Spot and stalk. This is my first coues deer. I am amazed at how wary and tough these guys are to get on with a bow, and am very proud of my deer. He isn't huge, but a definate trophy in my book.
Anyone else haveing any luck with coues deer and their bow?

98972012_coues_deer.jpg

Great Job.. That is an awesome buck... if you don't mind what unit were you in???
Jason

Sweet. So is it a "cooze" or "cows" whitetail? I'm just asking because people who act like they know tell me it's "cows" but everytime I use "cows" around hunters they roll their eyes. I want something official. According to Wiki, Elliot Coues is pronounced "kaus"...

The correct pronunciation is "cows", but if you say it that way people will look at you funny!

OP,
Nice buck, and with a bow no less. Dang!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom