Couple pics, but I'm getting my butt kicked.

12ring

LAST EDITED ON Aug-10-16 AT 10:41PM (MST)[p]I drew unit 32/33 down by Roswell for archery antelope. I have been driving down there and scouting but I'm finding it difficult to find the numbers or quality that I was hoping for. I'm having a tough time navigating the public and private land without hitting locked gates. And to top it off, I picked up a bolt and a screw in different tired so I ended up with two flat tires.

I have one water source that "might"possibly produce right now but other than that I am struggling. I'll be back down there again this weekend hoping to find something better. The picture of the antelope isn't anything special but the mule deer buck was a cool one. I think he is a young buck that has the potential to turn into a stud.

http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos_2016/78626image.jpeg

http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos_2016/47709image.jpeg

LAST EDITED ON Aug-11-16 AT 06:43PM (MST)[p]How big is the ranch you're assigned to and what's the percentage of public vs private land?

I drew that hunt for rifle a few years back. I got lucky and got assigned to a 300,000+ acre ranch just East of Artesia. Had a blast and ended up taking a nice (for me) goat near the end of the first day.

Loved driving in that area and seeing all the antelope off the sides of the road. When I was scouting out there it wasn't uncommon to see antelope all throughout the day. I was fortunate though that the landowner talked to me for quite awhile on the phone and gave me all kinds of good advice a few days before the hunt.

>LAST EDITED ON Aug-11-16
>AT 06:43?PM (MST)

>
>How big is the ranch you're
>assigned to and what's the
>percentage of public vs private
>land?
>
>I drew that hunt for rifle
>a few years back.
>I got lucky and got
>assigned to a 300,000+ acre
>ranch just East of Artesia.
> Had a blast and
>ended up taking a nice
>(for me) goat near the
>end of the first day.
>
>
>Loved driving in that area and
>seeing all the antelope off
>the sides of the road.
> When I was scouting
>out there it wasn't uncommon
>to see antelope all throughout
>the day. I was
>fortunate though that the landowner
>talked to me for quite
>awhile on the phone and
>gave me all kinds of
>good advice a few days
>before the hunt.

For archery, you are not assigned a ranch. You draw a unit and it's up to you to find a area to hunt so I'll be hunting 100% public land. The checker board of state land, blm and private can make it challenging at times.

Sending you a PM.

Not sure I can set you up with a monster but I can pass on some of the info I learned when I was out in that area. I hunted pretty much exclusively public land on my trip.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom