Cow Elk Unit 22

I

idahokoch

I happened to draw my second choice hunt which is the early cow tag running from Oct. 1-12 in unit 22. I have hunted this unit several times before for deer and elk, and even managed to take a spike bull during the general season a few years ago. Talk about a crazy place during the general bull season... I generally hunt northwest of Council. Nevertheless I thought I might ask if anyone else knew anything about the unit, specifically if anyone has drawn the tag before, and what your opinon of the hunt was. I'm planning on taking a trip up there in September to see if I can locate where some elk are. Anyways any knowledge or information would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I've heard that Mud Creek is pretty good for that hunt. Take a couple of logging roads that keep taking you up hill and find a good place to view. I hear though you have to get there the first week of the hunt though before all of the general guys start rolling in to do there last minute scouting and spooking. Good luck!!! and God Bless!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom