Cow Elk Unit 39-2

Nwhuntingfan

Hello, not a very seasoned elk hunter. Killed a lot more deer over the years. I drew a second tag for cow elk Unit 39-2. Nov 21st-Dec 31st. I'm a Washington resident and really want to start focusing on Idaho.

Anyone with knowledge of this unit? I'm concerned because several tags left over for this unit after the draw and available for purchase. Red Flag? No elk? Predator Issues?

Just trying to figure out if its worth my expenses and time. I won't be able to scout just looking for a meat hunt.

The unit is like 90 percent public. I've heard the elk feed on agriculture then move back up in the public. I know from previous elk hunts only takes 1 or 2 to be shot this way and they move out of the area. Any advice on numbers of cow elk in the area and thoughts on this unit would be appreciated.

I think there may be a typo or mix up. I hunt 39 and just double checked the regs and don't see the hunt you mentioned. There are September and October cow hunts and then an either sex in early November and a landowner permission required later on. Could it be a depredation tag or something?

I'm guessing you meant 37-2? If I'm wrong and it truly is a 39-2 tag and there are leftovers, please advise where I can get one... Sorry, I don't have any info on 37-2 though..

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom