Cow Hunt Unit

MEANTTOBBUCK

My daughter asked me to take her on an elk hunt for this upcoming year. She is a resident and I am not. Could any of you let me know of a good unit for her to apply that would be good access. This would be her first big game hunt. If you would like to PM me that would be fine. I also might apply for a tag as well. Thanks.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-10-14 AT 05:08PM (MST)[p]Where does she live? Does she want to hunt from a vehicle, tent, backpack? Preferred weapon?

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Starting at around the continental divide, any unit within 50 miles north or south of the interstate from Denver to Grand Jct would have what you are after. The issue more than unit is where will the elk be in a given season and weather conditions. Only way you are going to know that is with some boots on the ground. I would look hard at the first season. If she puts in cow elk as a first choice, you should be able to find a unit that she could draw easily. And you could put in for an either sex tag with a cow as a second choice. That season is draw only and elk only. Or you could put in for a late season cow tag and hope for snow to get them down in the low country. Good luck

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom