Coyote death count

muleybeast

Fellas since there has been a lot of talk lately about reducing predator numbers, I would be interested to know how many coyotes we kill every year. I have killed 3 so far this year, but now is the time when I start calling a lot. Let's keep a running count, so we have an idea what kind of impact we are having on the population.

Went out sunday and I actually think that it was to cold with the ice storm. We got blanked.
Got some cool pics though.

2013Frozencactusandtrees006_zpseb7a20c5.jpg

2013Frozencactusandtrees003_zpse30f9333.jpg

2013Frozencactusandtrees001_zps24721ece.jpg

2013Frozencactusandtrees004_zpsd6333365.jpg

2013Frozencactusandtrees005_zps2df3c17d.jpg

Sounds like a good idea, I've killed 2 with my jeep, 1 with my truck,12 by snare 15 by golf club,"leg hold trap" and the wife killed 3 while hunting deer and elk. The numbers are sure to go up though! I found out some good prices for pelts and not having trapped a ranch for 15 years the bobcats are thick and will be harvested pretty heavy this year.

0 so far for me! I missed one on Friday but plan to get out a lot now that most of the hunts are over!

I'll keep you guys updated

I haven't called in any yet this year, and have made several stands!!! Im headed back out in the morning, so hopefully I can add to the count!!! Im always looking for guys to hunt with.....so anybody hit me up if you are looking for somebody to tag along!!!

LAST EDITED ON Dec-09-13 AT 07:55AM (MST)[p]http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos/909213_yards.jpg

+1 in NM. Called him in to 13 yards (I was sitting under the tree in the background). He came from an angle I wasn't expecting. Fortunately, I was able to hit him with my scope turned up to 9x. Really more of a point-and-shoot sort of situation. Hopefully another fawn or two was saved.

We only called in one coyote out of seven sets. It seems to be getting more difficult to call coyotes than it was several years ago. Anyone else having the same issue? I think there are just more people calling coyotes than there were previously, and it's making it more difficult. It may just be that my area is getting more predator-hunting pressure than it has in the past (which is just fine with me; the deer population is terrible right now, and they could use some help).

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom