"Coyotes Only" Calling Contest

elkcrazey75

4th Annual "Coyotes Only" Calling Contest

Ely, Nevada

Check-in location is WSE 600 South Industrial Way-Ely, Nevada 89301

2 man teams only.

$50 per team and $15 per team to enter the heaviest coyote contest.

Mail entries to: Coyotes Only-PO Box 1053-McGill, NV-89318
Same day registration will be available from 3:30am-4:00am. (Show up early to register so it won't delay your departure)

Rules
# Teams that violate ANY rule will be disqualified.
# Follow registration and check in times
# Clock at check in is official clock.
# Must follow all state laws and regulations
# Coyotes must be shot within the contest hours.
# All coyotes will be checked for freshness and trap marks.
# Team members will hunt from one vehicle. ATV?s can be used but may not split up.
# No pooling of coyotes.
# No hunting over baited areas.
# Spotlighting is prohibited for this contest.
# Ties are broken by heaviest coyote. In the event of a second tie, the team with the earliest check in time will be declared the winner.
# All team members MUST be present at both check ins.
# Any team or person who is cited for any game violation during this hunt will be disqualified.
# Any decisions by the tournament officials are final and there will be no appeal.
# Whole coyote must be brought to final check in

Drop Off entries:

WSE
Western States Enterprises
600 S Industrial ( off the McGill Hwy)
Ely , Nv 89301

Sportsworld

1500 Altman St
Ely, NV 89301

Prizes

First Place Team
? 2- Howa / Axiom 22-250 Rifles in Kings ?Desert Camo? with Scope Packages
Guns will be on display at WSE in Ely

Second Place Team
? 2-Zeiss Conquest 3x9x40 Rifle Scopes

Heaviest Coyote Winner
? Zeiss Conquest Binoculars 10x42

No Refunds!

Questions Contact
Hal Hollingsworth 775-293-1475
Jenn Hollingsworth 775-293-1474

Hosts of this contest will be hunting

Question, do you have to have a fur bearers license if I throw coyotes in the truck for a contest? Most times I just leave them and want to do this contest and want to make sure im legal when I come.

nv_mulies...i dont know about down around Ely but here the wardens turn their head for the contests and dont cite for having coyotes if your in the contest. I would imagine they would do the same there....but dont quote me on that.

Yes, both team members have to be a check-in. And no you don't half to have a trapping license, unless you plan on selling them in the fur sale.

Contest hours are from sunrise to sunset.

Let me get this straight because im still confused....both team members have to be at check in both in the morning before sunrise AND final check in?
Is the check in deadline sunset or hunt till sunset then have a later check in time? Sorry about all the questions, but i still don't see a hard and fast time deadline, the word sunset is open to alot of different interpertations.

Most i have seen if you have 2 teams tie for same amount of dogs the first team that checked in is the winner...not the one with the heaviest. Heaviest has little to do with calling skills, time in the field compared to number of dogs does.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-06-12 AT 06:50PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Feb-06-12 AT 06:49?PM (MST)

7:30pm SHARP Check-in. At WSE off the Mcgill Highway. My GPS says that on February 25, 2012 the sun will rise at 6:19am and set at 5:25pm here in Ely, Nevada. We read all the rules and issue our anti-cheating stuff from 3:30am-4:15am and everyone is released at 4:15am to go where they want to start hunting at sunrise. That gives the teams 2 hours to travel where ever they want, and the 7:00pm check-in gives them 1 1/2 hours to get back to Ely. As far as the tie breaker, weight is what we are using.

Keep the questions coming. No problem at all.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-06-12 AT 07:45PM (MST)[p]All right got it! Thanks!!

If you don't mind me asking, how many teams do you usually get? And how many dogs usually wins it?

see you there! check is on It's way! I couldn't find a registration form so I made my own! hope that's good enough!

How many dogs won it? We saw one dog all day nothing else was coming in, so we took off knowing we had a long drive home. I still had fun just wish we could have gotten at least one.

4 coyotes won first!
2 coyotes won second!
31.2 pounds was the heaviest coyote.
Thanks for coming , hope to see you next year.

That's awesome! I had a great time, this was my first time in a competition and the first time calling in the day. Have to start going out during the day to figure it out how to get em. How many total were brought in? Thanks again I enjoyed myself.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom