Coytoes Only Calling Contest

elkcrazey75

Hello All.... believe it or not, it is that time of year for the third annual " Coyotes Only" calling contest here in Northern Nevada. My Wife and I are "discussing" the details and need some input. The last couple of years the market was bursting with new varmit rifles...this year not so much. I need some ideas for prises. let me know what ya'll think.
Thanks Hal and Jen

LAST EDITED ON Jan-09-11 AT 10:55PM (MST)[p]Is this the Contest in Ely, NV?

If so.... My opinion for this or for any contest, is that rifles as prizes bring many teams and help for a good competition, however, it has also opened the door for more cheaters.
Last contest, the winners even admitted ( later after the contest ) to stackin up coyotes prior to the contest. It makes it hard to decide to attend these anymore. There was no temp. checking for coyotes checked in or any kind of questioning to the winners.

To set things fair, I saw that a contest put on by the Coyote Craze crew assigned an Official to every team that would also double as a 3rd shooter. Kept things honest.
I would like to see this in EVERY contest!! I will gladly spend my money on a contest like that.

I apologize for my rant. I just miss some good ol' honest competition.

AS far as prizes go other than rifles : Money, Guided hunting trips, Gas Cards, custom hand calls, High end electric callers, Camo clothing, cool looking trophies or belt buckles, any good quality optics, GPS units, Taxidermy gift cards, set of new Off-road tires for the hunting truck....

I also saw one contest where each team would get two raffle tickets for signing up, then an additional ticket for each coyote checked in. The more coyotes you got, the more tickets you got, and the better chances you had for getting drawn for a prize. This allowed all teams a chance to possibly get a prize.

www.snph.proboards.com

It will be February 26, 2011 in Ely, Nevada..
3rd Annual "Coyotes Only"
Rifles to 1st place and 2nd place teams.(4 guns total)
Rifle for Heaviest coyote.(1 gun)
5 total guns will be given away.
More info to come.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom