Credit Card Rewards

desperatehills

Very Active Member
I use a rewards card to pay for my hunt application. I put my wife and I in for elk unit 100 special draw. We are one under max points so our odds are less than 1% as a non-resident. So there is a 99%+ chance that I will be getting a refund. Does anyone know if the credit card companies take your miles/points away? Does the money from the state come as a payment or a credit back?

Rats! I was trying to find a positive to sending off $2600 on a less than 1 percent chance. What if I spend them first?

In the past I received the points and they did not go away when I was refunded on my card. That was on a Visa. I will see what happens on a Capitol One card this year.

I have wound up with a negative rewards balance after I cashed my rewards and all the western hunt refunds came back to my card.

Reminds me of the time $8,000 showed up in my checking account, then again the next month, and the month after that.

What could possibly go wrong if I just spent it??

I don't think they are going to send the feds after me for spending $26 in rewards at cabelas. I can picture a credit card bill showing up for the $26 though

It was years ago that I had the negative rewards balance and I slowly built it back up by using the card. I never received a bill.

On my capital one I always kept the rewards even though it was refunded. maybe it depends on the company.

Since WY is now charging for the card you'd think that would mean the rewards would remain after the refund. but that's simply logic I don't have any information saying it will.

Stay Thirsty My Friends

I just went back and looked at this recently.

I have a Citi Bank Double Cash card. 1% when buy plus 1% when you pay.

I got the 1% when I bought but the refund reduced the amount I had to pay so I didn't get the second 1%.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom