Credit Cards

The 48 hr rule is that they will post up results so you can make sure your finances are in order before they start charging I believe. This makes you liable for the card number being correct instead of them. Good luck gents!

I was just looking at the emails i received from last year. Results posted to NDOW or huntnevada rather on June 1st. My card was hit on June 12th. I really wish Nevada would do like Utah or other states do and have reults ready early so we can get some scouting done. Does anyone have insight as to why they do their draw late? waiting for harvest data? return cards?

I believe the hang up is the setting of tag quota numbers. The biologists file their survey numbers and make recommendations, and then the commission has to meet. The commission does not set tag quotas until mid May. I agree, and earlier draw would be helpful. An archer only has the month of July to scout for the Aug 1 opener.

There are a lot of states that have later draw dates than we do!

I agree the big hold up is getting all the information for tag numbers. NDOW is just now finishing up all the counts and reports, and putting together their recommended quotas. Then, it will go to the Commission on the second weekend in May to set the quotas, and then the draw about 10 days after that. I am not sure how they can get it done any faster and still get all the herd counts done that they want to get done in one year.

Later,

Marcial

+1 Marcial

I just looked it up. Drawing last year was May 27 so the 48 hour rule kicked in at 5:00 pm that day. We had online results late May 29th I believe.I didn't receive the email until June 12.

Last year results were up earlier than in recent years which was good. I agree the earlier the better but I can live with late May.
And as has already been mentioned the results are up before your card gets hit. Which I think is alot better than say Utah, where for weeks before you know for sure this site is inundated with posts about checking your card statements.

It really is a scouting issue for us archers. In the past I have applied for units with 100% odds for the most part and have drawn my desired unit everytime which helps me to be able to get out and scout the area that i KNOW i will draw. This year and last i put in for a couple more difficult to draw units and just wanted to complain. i wish I knew right now so i could be on a ridge looking through binoculars. Cant wait for the scouting trips!

I understand Brandon. But I'm pretty familiar with the time tables involved and I think it's about as good as it can be. The alternative seems to me that the quotas would be set arbitrarily without biologist input and the tags would fluctuate a year behind the need. Not a tradeoff I am willing to settle for.

THE DRAWING WAS DONE ON MAY 27TH 2009, THEN THEY WERE POSTED ONLINE ON MAY29TH, 2009
We still have about a month to wait.

Brian

xvvgp.jpg

Mine's hit already - license! Not much chance of a tag in NV for me. Sure had fun last year and in '06 though.

Does anybody know if the quotas were approved at Thursday's meeting?

If so, when will they draw?

Grizzly

Quotas wont be set until May 15th at the State Commission meeting.
Are you all sure they won't hold available credit on your credit card before they post results.
I could swear I knew my credit card had available credit taken from it before they posted results last year.
Course, I could be remembering the year before.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom