Cremation or Viewing?

PleaseDear

Long Time Member
'Da Warden' and I went to a viewing the other day.

Driving home I asked her what she thought about having a viewing when she passes.

She stated that she wanted to be cremated and her ashes spread over a certain mountain area we frequent.

No need for a viewing with being cremated.

Question-----would you have a viewing if you or a loved one requests cremation?

Or---just have the vase with ashes and a bunch of Pictures around the vase?

Robb

I'm going to the Mountain with 'Da Warden'!
No sense in a vase niether!
No sense in:"Yup there is 'so & so' sittin there on the Mantle"
"We got him/her in that there bottle/vase"
"Don't tip him/her over"

'Just Spread me on the Mountain,you know,in the High Country where I can keep an eye on things'!}>}>}>

I love not acting my age,
Damn I love my NASCAR race,
And Hell yes I love my Truck!

I agree with B_Bop, no fuss, no unnecessary costs, just take my ashes to the mountains and throw them to the wind. Let the currents carry me where they may and there's where I will come to rest and watch over things.

GBA

I have it all worked out with the wife and other relatives.

I want to be cremated and have my ashes loaded into shotgun shells, with the pellets, and then have all my friends shoot a round of trap "with" me.

It's all on paper as my last request.

Yes...we had a viewing before my Dad was cremated. Say good Bye, have full military honors done, and recieve the flag.

Remember the scene in "The Big Lebowski" when Walter and the Dude are releasing Donnys ashes and they they blow back covering Walter and the Dude. Always cracked me up. Put me in the ground please.

Generally viewings, services, etc... are about what's needed for the survivors. I think most places will rent a casket for a viewing with cremation in mind. I expect once I'm dead it won't matter much to me what is done.

The wife and I were confronted with this very same question last month. My father in law passed away at 57 and left strict instructions to be cremated and spread in the forest. Of course, the funeral home aka used car salesman pressure you for a viewing and casket before cremation so they can double dip. We, however, opted for a straight cremation and held our own memorial service at my father in law's home complete with tons of food and fellowship. It was a much more upbeat gathering than viewing a dead body. I think he would have been proud of how it turned out. He wouldn't want everyone crying over him. We plan to spread his ashes at his favorite deer stand this fall.

For me, I don't care if I'm buried or cremated. I just want to be near my wife.

Thanks guys.....

Kinda was hoping for a womans input---TK? fire-77, Pred...any comments ladies?----qtpie?

I understand they have to put that emballing fluid in the deceased before the viewing and that is what has her concerned....plus the organ donor part----

We both are veterans----her-- Army, me United States Navy.....so the vet death flag ect we get anyways.....thanks though.

Some real good after cremation ideas for the ashes! thanks.

Robb

I recently attended a service where the deceased was cremated. They had a memorial service in the church with a slide presentation that covered his life and was very well done from pictures thru out his life. The guy was an avid hunter and they told his views on hunting and helping kids get interested in the outdooors during the service. I can tell you that he was very well remembered for what he was, a fine decent human being and that's exactly the final memory that everyone left that service with. I'm an advocate for cremation and spreading your ashes.

"I understand they have to put that emballing fluid in the deceased before the viewing and that is what has her concerned"

That would have me concerned too...... Terry

I am having a Viking funeral! I have instructed my wife to pile my old oyster scow with wood throw me on top. set it adrift in the bay and light it up! I doubt if she will go through with it because it is illegal so her idea was to have me cremated and put the ashes on the scow and set it on fire. No sad service just a couple of kegs and a pig in the ground with all the friends and family.
Eric
famousfigures_abevigoda.gif

Ultra liberal, wolf loving, illiterate, gay, hippie midgets on crack piss me off!!!!

deerline.gif

30 odd years ago a rancher from western ut. passed away and wanted his ashes spread over the ranch. The family hired my dad and uncles to do it since they did a lot of crop dusting and seeding for him. while over the ranch with the family watching from below my uncle opened the door to the plane stuck the urn out and proceeded to spread the ashes well if youve ever been in a small plane and opened the door you know there is quite a back draft the door doesn't want to open. they got him spread but alot of him sucked back into the plane they were both still coughin and wheezin when they landed the plane. They made us kids get the shop vac and clean it up I didn't know where all the dust came from for years till I heard my uncle tell the story around a deer campfire. Moral of the story; if you want your ashes spread dont let a crazy crop duster do it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom