crimson talon broadheads?

R

rabidrattlesnake

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with them. It seems like a good idea, but do they really work?

You still have to tune the bow regardless of their claims. I had some in 100gr and I could not make them fly, but because I shoot a WB I had to weaken the spine by using 125gr heads. Thats when I lost interest in the Talons and went with Montec G5s. Of course I'm no archery expert, but I can still figure out that their claims of picking up your bow and shooting is nonsense. Still they might be good broadheads, just not the cure all wonder weapons of the future. Besides Montec makes practice heads that fly just like the real deal.

I'm going to stick with my muzzys. I get great flight out of them and they have never failed. I was just wondering if anyone had any luck with them.

rabidrattlesnake,

The local proshop let me shoot them several times at targets. They shot the same as my practice tips, so I have absolutely no complaints, other than price :) It may depend on what type of rest you have. I have the Trophy Taker drop away, and like I said, they shot awesome with no tuning. I have been debating about trying them this year, as I would love to find a fixed blade that shoots like a mechanical. I currently hunt with Grim Reapers and they have performed well, so far.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom