Crooked Horn Email

M

MewelDeer

To Whom It May Concern:

It has taken some time to evaluate all the information coming to us regarding the court ruling in Arizona. We have heard the concerns of residents and non-residents alike and

we do appreciate your input. Our customers? concerns are critical to our business and we do take this situation very seriously.

Crooked Horn Outfitters has advertised its products on United States Outfitters "Real Hunting Adventures" and we have used USO?s services, as well. We have the utmost respect for the knowledgeable, professional individuals we have had the privilege to work with.

We have received numerous e-mails and phone calls letting us know that we have been included in something we had no intention in being a part of. Crooked Horn Outfitters has been falsely labeled as a supporter of this lawsuit. We are not a party to this or any other lawsuit between USO, the State of Arizona or any other state.

Crooked Horn Outfitters has recently withdrawn our sponsorship with United States Outfitters. We support all of our nations? foundations and fellow hunters who work so hard to preserve our hunting privileges for future generations.

I just got my email also from Crooked Horn. I am glad they have stepped up the plate and have been counted. Looks like the sponsorships are falling quickly. Keep the pressure on the following companies:

Knight Muzzleloaders - [email protected] POB 130, Centerville, IA 52544
Swarovski Optiks - [email protected] 123 Massasoit, RI 02806
Primos Game Calls - [email protected] POB 12785, Jackson, MS 39236
Barnes Bullets - [email protected] POB 215, American Fork, UT 84003

I attended the meeting in Flagstaff on Saturday and I feel like the only way we have a chance to fight this deal is to not give up on our current 10% quota. The point that the attorney made for Sportsman for Wildlife was we need to remove the commercialization of the sale of horns and hides (animal parts) then we can still keep our 10% quota as the quota does not significantly alter commerce. The commerce laws are changing all the time and it is only a matter of time before it changes again and the laws are interpreted differently. If the commission will just step up and make this happen I think we will be okay with the current ruling. It certainly could change down the road but this is our best shot for now.
Keep up the fight, it is worth fighting for.

First I am glad Crooked Horn is getting smart. I have several of their products and like them a ton. Did't want to burn them. LV-I like the commercial trade tact also but it has to get through our legislature in January. The governor is supporting a push to fix this mess so it will likely happen. One good thing in all this is it has wakened the bear in the west and we are rising up as a united group for the first time. Let the politicians know we are here and we ain't goin' away. As for Knight I bet that porky little toad will stick with USO to the end. Not even smart enough to send a no answer e-mail to their best customers.

Outlawing the sale of animals parts has little to do with the commission. It'll have to go through the state legislature. That kind of stuff rarely happens at a fast pace.

LV2HNT...
I thought I had seen on an earlier thread almost a month ago that Primos has already commited to withdraw sponsorship.. In fact I have a copy of the reply on my email.
I sent a thank you to primos.
so is primos in or out??

Primos is out. George Taulman recently sent out a newsletter, and said Primos was still in, BUT he was wrong. Will primos reconfirmed to me in an e-mail that they have dropped their support.

Lance

The other part to this kind of advocacy: Rewarding ethical behavior. If you are willing to push a boycott or to damage sales of USO sponsors then the converse is also correct.

Sounds like it's time to send emails to each of these folks that has pulled their support of USO and request a catalog and make a purchase, of something. Convictions need to cut both ways. If you want to remind them of the wisdom of their actions, dumping USO, Patronize their company and recommend others do as well. All my opinion of course.

Swarovski better keep sponsoring them, I can't afford their glass.

I was beginning to wonder if they would pull their sponsorship.

It's getting pretty apparent that Knight Rifles, Swarovski Optiks & Barnes Bullets are part of the Money behind the USO suing Machine. Butthead Griz mentioned in his letter that he had quite a few backers helping sponsor his lawsuit madness. As far as I am concerned the three sponsors above are ?Pro-USO? and actually approve of and are quite possibly funding Montoya?s lawsuit behavior.

I will never purchase any more of their products and will also advise my friends and fellow hunters not to also.

Zeiss & Doctor make pretty awesome Binos, and Knight and Barnes have good competitors too! Not a big loss to me to boycott their products, but if we all band together, it can be a pretty big loss to them. Then maybe they will step up to the plate and make the right choices.

Nofear4

I commend Crooked Horn for dropping USO, but thier message is real mixed. I dont know how to take it.As this grows to more states the other sponsers may see the light, but by then the damage is done. I think we should go beyond the personel boycott and encourage retailers not to carry the products of USO supporters.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom