Crooked Horn Products......USO......

B

Bura Nut

I have contacted Crooked Horn this morning. They are close to making a position statement regarding their support or lack thereof for USO. I hope to talk with Crooked Horn again in the next hour or so and hopefully there is a positive position statement showing Crooked Horns overall committment to their greater customer base ALL OF US than USO. This is a business decision being driven by emotions and I understand that. I for one will not support Crooked Horn anymore if they continue to sponsor USO........... Thanks, Allen Taylor......

Allen,
This be interesting because Landis hunts a lot with USO and so his decision will be watched.
He is the maker of the BinoBuddy system, and a lot of hunters use it, self included.

Brian

Allen

Great Research and follow-up, thanks for the info.

It will be interesting to see the results.

Nofear4

Allen, Keep the heat on. You are getting farther with Crooked Horn than I did. I received the same response 3 times. The owner is not in and I cannot speak in his behalf is what I kept getting told. I also sent USO an e-mail. The first nice the second not so nice. I asked why they were pursuing other states than AZ if the issue was they wanted 10% per the e-mail sent from Griz Montoya. This is the response I received:

"Horse is out of the barn, thanks Arizona"

George
USO

I swear this is the response I received and I am willing to forward the original to anyone that wants to see it to verify it. I am going out of town for a week but would send it to anyone when I return.

I sure hope all the sponsors and the Outdoor Channel leave them hanging. Lets keep on them.

Justin

Kilowatt,

His name is Lennis.

All,

Crooked Horn will make the right decision in the end. After all, there are still some ethical people in this industry.

Thanks for pushing. I wrote two e-mails with zero response. I have a couple of their products and they have been good but no more for me if they support USO. Same with Knight. I have two Knight ML and will never buy one again. I was about to order one for my son-in-law. NOT!

I sent an e-mail off to Knight and Crooked Horn with No response... I will not use their products!

My bino buddy is going bye bye buddy. I also got a similar snide email response from USO when I questioned their motives.

Keep up the fight.

I just spoke with Lennis about 10 minutes ago. He told me that Crooked Horn is removing their sponsorship of USO after the first of the year. He mentioned that he did not agree with the lawsuit and that Crooked Horn did not and does not endorse the lawsuit. He also wanted everyone to know that his sponsorship of the t.v. show was all he intended on supporting, not other activities like the lawsuit. Lennis seems like an honorable man who just wants what is good for wildlife and would like to see an end to the constant negative emails sent to them regarding this situation. I am pleased to hear what Crooked Horn is doing........ Thanks, Allen Taylor......

I sent Lennis an e-mail along with a follow up snail mail. Never got any response. This is great news and thanks Allen. They must be contractually bound through the end of the year. Lets all keep the heat on Tony Knight. I have heard and read several times that he is very tight with Taulman.

I havent heard back from Swarovski so I just left Jim Morrey a message and sent another email. I will call Knight tomorrow. I think as customers we deserve at least to hear from these companies we support. This is a tough situation but the companies cant just sit back and hope we forget............. Thanks, Allen Taylor......

I have been pounding Knight with emails. No response. They arethe only ones who have not responded in some way. I just bought a new Knight Wolverine, and I really like it. I hope they make the right choice because I really do not want to sell it.

They lost one sale of a fanny pack but I am in the market for the bino strap. They are doing the right thing but its to bad they dont answer thier e-mail.

Thanks Allen and others for keeping the pressure on with regard to this issue. I have e-mailed all of the involved companies and have not seen one response. It is truly a sad commentary that we don't see any response from these companies or they don't address the issues until they are hit in the wallet and it affects their bottom line. I for one would like to see these companies do some background checking and a little research before they give away their hard earned dollars and endorse & support a money grubbing SOB like Taulman. It would'nt take too much digging to learn that Taulman is in it for Taulman, always has been and always will be - it is common knowledge and has been since he first showed up on the scene, WAKE UP SPONSORS. "The horse is out of the barn, thanks Arizona". What a completely arrogant and predictable statement from a complete #####(pardon my french). That is what he said - this is what I hear. I got you guys in AZ so F-Off, now I'm off to bend over all the other States. George has always been about stashing as much money under his mattress as he possibly can. He could give a rats behind about leaving the mountains a better place than he found them in. He could care less about hunter ethics, fair chase and sportsmanship or the wildife of this country or the people that work so hard (professionals and all us grunts) to help improve the wildife and the habitat they live in. All he cares about is stashing as much denero under his pillow as possible period. I sure hope these companies wake up soon because I can guarantee it will hurt them in their wallets. Will it bankrupt them, no, but it will affect their profit margins on the minus side. All these sports shows that happen after the hunting season, you can bet I will be hammering the supporters of USO and will be thanking the ones that don't, I suggest you all do the same. I am a licensed guide in AZ and have been for over twenty years and I would stand to benefit greatly by the judges ruling but I can't stress strongly enough how I despise what has happened to this state. I am also a believer in Karma and I believe Taulman's will come full circle and bite him hard in the ass. Dreaming is free isn't it.I've ranted long enough, thanks again Allen and others for keeeping this in the forefront.
Later, Wetmule

Allen hi I talked to Chris and he stated that he was sending alot of emails to Jim Morrey about the negative public comments toward USO
Chris stated that jim is a personal friend of George and it might be hard to get swarovski to pull the plug
So all out thoughts were to call and email more and don't buy their products until they do the right thing
Dom

LAST EDITED ON Aug-12-04 AT 01:12AM (MST)[p]Is the bino harness that sells here on the site different than the Crooked Horn one?

Michael~All Gods creatures welcome... right next to the mashed potatoes and gravy.

DOM: I was going to call Chris but didnt want any bad press for him. Is he still with Swarovski? I am going to try and get through to Morey today. As for the bino straps sold here on MM, I dont know what brand they are, but more than likely they are Crooked horn. I am totally surprised that Brian Lattner hasnt voiced any concerns/opinions etc....on this 9th circuit issue. It will spread to Utah/Colorado/MT etc......very soon............ Allen Taylor......

Thank you Burranut (sp?) for taking the ball and running with it. As a business man and a fellow hunter I applaud your desire to right a wrong and I hope you can get others to join you in your efforts to make eveyone aware of the underlying consequences of the 9th circuits decision here in Arizona. Please let me know how I can help in the cause.

Frodo

Knight just lost a sale of a revolution, excuse me, several of them. I am happy to purchase a TC Omega instead. I hear they are better anyways. I would hunt with the worst equipment in the world before I support any companies that support the loser that started this. Canon

>DOM: I was going to
>call Chris but didnt want
>any bad press for him.
> Is he still with
>Swarovski? I am going
>to try and get through
>to Morey today. As
>for the bino straps sold
>here on MM, I dont
>know what brand they are,
>but more than likely they
>are Crooked horn. I
>am totally surprised that Brian
>Lattner hasnt voiced any concerns/opinions
>etc....on this 9th circuit issue.
> It will spread to
>Utah/Colorado/MT etc......very soon............ Allen Taylor......
>

>DOM: I was going to
>call Chris but didnt want
>any bad press for him.
> Is he still with
>Swarovski? I am going
>to try and get through
>to Morey today. As
>for the bino straps sold
>here on MM, I dont
>know what brand they are,
>but more than likely they
>are Crooked horn. I
>am totally surprised that Brian
>Lattner hasnt voiced any concerns/opinions
>etc....on this 9th circuit issue.
> It will spread to
>Utah/Colorado/MT etc......very soon............ Allen Taylor......
>

Sorry about the repeat message Buranut! It is the cajun in me that can't quite figure out these darn computers. But I can figure out people and I suspect this USO outfit is gonna come out on the short end of the poopy stick once honest folks like I see on this web site get finished. Thanks again for leading the way and I look forward to learning more from all of you good folks.

Frodo

Canon, I made the same choice a couple of weeks ago and for the same reason. Purchased an Omega for my Son and his upcoming cow hunt. Its a great gun! USO is a cancer that will destroy hunting in the west as we know it. Any company associated with them needs to hear our voices loud and clear. Primos and Bill Jordan have stepped up and made a statement, when will the rest of Taulman's cronies cave in?

i missed the statement that bill jordan and primos made, can anyone tell me where to find what they said or what their position is regarding USO.
az79

Hello all. First timer in AZ. I think what you are doing in this forum is great. It took me 15 years to get my res bull tag in 7w, although I have sacrificed my points a few times for a cow tag just to hunt. I have sent uso and all of the sponsors you have posted on this site an email and only uso have responded wit the lame Lawyer statement. I also have asked that they send me a list of all sponsors they use and have heard nothing. ???
I went to the azgfd meeting in tucson and it will be interesting as to what comes out of the aug 14 meeting in flag! Keep the heat on and let me know if I can help!!

No new news,, I've recieved all the same responses, from Realtree, Primos, and Outdoor Channel.. and ofcourse the statment from BS statment from Griz of USO..
I've yet to hear from some as mentioned earlier in the this post..

What other companies can we voice our concerns to?

My new mission is an email a day until uso goes away!!

Well done Bura,
your conviction & initiative will benefited us all.
I'm thinking proactive chemotherapy may prevent this cancer from spreading.
With organized efforts we may promote legal & corporate backers that may reverse this president in subsequent states, legal challenges.

Allen,

They are, in fact, Crooked Horn products on MonsterMuleys.com. Crooked Horn is also listed as a sponsor of the MM.com/Trophy Hunter Big Buck/Big Bull contest for this year...Hopefully they make the right decision...

Corey

RE: Just a note of caution...

Guys, like many of you, I've contacted all of USO's sponsors and haven't heard from most of them. However, keep in mind that we have started a major firestorm in response to US Litigators. These companies are literally being deluged with phone calls, correspondence and e-mails from irate hunters all over the nation. They've got businesses to run and cannot personally respond to every letter, e-mail and phone call; they'd never get any business done. I fully expected Will Primos and Bill Jordan to do the right thing - despite longstanding relationships with USO. As for the latecomers, give them their due when they do the right thing; thank them and buy their stuff. These kinds of campaigns have a much wider effect than current USO sponsors and I guarantee you that other, prospective sponsors are taking notice.

Venado muy grande!

RE: Just a note of caution...

Thanks Randy. Lets keep in mind here that our goal is to get Taulman's show off the air due to lack of sponsorship. It may not happen this season but that's ok, it will happen by mid 2005. Its obvious we are having an impact on his ability to air his show judging by his "plea" to his clients to contact the shows sponsors. As George would say, "the horse is out of the barn". Keep hammering on them!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom