Culture of Corruption?

202typical

Long Time Member
This boy also has close ties to Abramhoff.

Reid Decides to Amend Ethics Reports
Oct 16 1:26 PM US/Eastern

By JOHN SOLOMON
Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON

Senate Democratic leader Harry Reid announced Monday he is amending his ethics reports to Congress to more fully account for a land deal that allowed him to collect $1.1 million for property he hadn't personally owned for three years.

Reid acted several days after The Associated Press reported the senator didn't disclose to Congress that he first sold the land to a friend's company back in 2001 and took an ownership stake in the company. He didn't collect the seven-figure payout until the company sold the land again in 2004 to others.

Reid said his amended ethics reports will list the 2001 sale.

"I directed my staff to file amended financial disclosure forms noting that in 2001, I transferred title to the land to a Limited Liability Corporation," Reid said in a statement issued by his office.

Reid said he believed the 2001 sale did not alter his ownership of the land but that he agreed to file the amended reports because "I believe in ensuring all facts come to light."

Reid blamed the AP story as a "latest attempt" by Republicans to affect the election. AP reported last week that it learned of the land deal from a former Reid adviser who had concerns about the way the deal was reported to Congress.

Reid also announced he failed to disclose two other land transactions on his prior ethics reports and would account for those on his amended reports.

I was just gonna post something about this, but I'm glad you did. Notice how none of the libs posted anything about it? Its funny, they ignore this yet they don't ignore the republican who sent text messages to a intern. Interesting huh?

Didn't Senator Burns (Republican) have ties to Ambramoff? He is know as one of the most corrupt politicians in D.C. Corruption doesn't follow party lines. One is just as bad as the other. Sorry to break the news to you.

they are all corrupt

We pretty much know that most politicans are corrupt. It just shocks us more when a right wing Republican turns out to be Gay.

BeanMan

RE: they are all corrupt

I could care less who's gay, just keep it in the closet.

It is funny how all you hear about in the main stream liberal press is how the Republicans are cultivating a "Culture of Corruption". Yet the mainstream liberal press never reports on their friends the Dems until it becomes such a big story they have to report on it.

Left press equals double standard.

I know I never said republicans were not corrupt. Some are. But like mentioned above, it is hardly ever reported on when dems do it.

It just isn't fair!

BUUUUUUUUUWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Poor Republicans can't get a fair shake. (sniff sniff)

Both sides can E.S.A.D for all I care. I can't understand why any of us give a rats arse when it's fall and there are critters to hunt. Again, after what Clinton went through I don't see why anyone sticks up for either side. They all suck and neither side is worth defending, you know why??? Because they don't give a $hit about you or me. Sorry to break it to you again.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom