cummins vs. powerstroke

armybrat

any of you own either of these engines 07 or newer. I am looking at buying a diesel and would like to hear from some of you that own them. I have heard some bad things about the powerstroke engine, but really like ford body and interior. The cummins has a good motor but hate the body and interior. Anyways just looking for some user reviews.

Thanks

any of you own either of these engines 07 or newer. I am looking at buying a diesel and would like to hear from some of you that own them. I have heard some bad things about the powerstroke engine, but really like ford body and interior. The cummins has a good motor but hate the body and interior. Anyways just looking for some user reviews.

Thanks

I sure haven't liked the 6.7 cummins compared to the older 5.9 cummins. The old 7.3 strokers were decent engines. All of them after that i have thought were junk! The new stroker for this year hauls azz but a lot of my customers that have bought them have had problems with them... Good luck!

I sure haven't liked the 6.7 cummins compared to the older 5.9 cummins. The old 7.3 strokers were decent engines. All of them after that i have thought were junk! The new stroker for this year hauls azz but a lot of my customers that have bought them have had problems with them... Good luck!

I had a 07 cummins for 3 months... Pos through and through. Didn't handle a trailer 7500lbs and it was pushing me all over the road. Rode rougher than hell for no reason as it only had 4 leafs in the rear so the bumper was on the ground whenever hooked up.

Went back to the duramax and love it. Rides better, handles the load like its not there. Tons more power and better looking and tons more comfortable.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

I had a 07 cummins for 3 months... Pos through and through. Didn't handle a trailer 7500lbs and it was pushing me all over the road. Rode rougher than hell for no reason as it only had 4 leafs in the rear so the bumper was on the ground whenever hooked up.

Went back to the duramax and love it. Rides better, handles the load like its not there. Tons more power and better looking and tons more comfortable.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

what about duramax??
their 6.6-liter Duramax diesel boasts 397 horsepower and 767 lb-ft of torque. The Duramax engine's new glow plugs can prepare the engine for starts in as little as 3 seconds in -20F weather.A 36-gallon gas tank is now standard, giving the 6.6-liter Duramax a roughly 680-mile range.An enhanced Allison 1000 six-speed automatic transmission will come with tap up/tap down driver shift control and an elevated idle mode to speed the warm-up process. GM says that the transmission helps 6.6-liter 2500 HD models accelerate to 60 mph in less than 9 seconds, a 0.3 second improvement over the outgoing model.Silverado HD's new exhaust brake system, which uses the turbine control of the turbocharger and the engine's compression to generate backpressure to slow the truck without using the brakes or transmission.

The new frames hold an all-new independent front suspension that has a 25 percent greater front axle rating (6,000 lbs.). The basic design is unchanged, but stronger forged steel upper control arms and cast iron lower control arms add strength and reduce weight. GM says that the system improves handling and ride while increasing strength for front end attachments.

The all-new Silverado HD also offers 170-degree rear access doors for extended cab models, bolstering interior cargo hauling ability.

"Better to dwell in the wilderness, Then with a contentious and angry women Proverbs 21:19)

what about duramax??
their 6.6-liter Duramax diesel boasts 397 horsepower and 767 lb-ft of torque. The Duramax engine's new glow plugs can prepare the engine for starts in as little as 3 seconds in -20F weather.A 36-gallon gas tank is now standard, giving the 6.6-liter Duramax a roughly 680-mile range.An enhanced Allison 1000 six-speed automatic transmission will come with tap up/tap down driver shift control and an elevated idle mode to speed the warm-up process. GM says that the transmission helps 6.6-liter 2500 HD models accelerate to 60 mph in less than 9 seconds, a 0.3 second improvement over the outgoing model.Silverado HD's new exhaust brake system, which uses the turbine control of the turbocharger and the engine's compression to generate backpressure to slow the truck without using the brakes or transmission.

The new frames hold an all-new independent front suspension that has a 25 percent greater front axle rating (6,000 lbs.). The basic design is unchanged, but stronger forged steel upper control arms and cast iron lower control arms add strength and reduce weight. GM says that the system improves handling and ride while increasing strength for front end attachments.

The all-new Silverado HD also offers 170-degree rear access doors for extended cab models, bolstering interior cargo hauling ability.

"Better to dwell in the wilderness, Then with a contentious and angry women Proverbs 21:19)

Oh boy. I can't wait for B_BOP to get home n read this one. He gets like a bazillion horsepower and two bazillion foot pounds of torque outta his belcher and swears the Duramax is a girlie truck that wouldn't pull a sick whore off a pisspot.

Prepare to hear the words "obama pipe" "chip" and "inhale".

Oh boy. I can't wait for B_BOP to get home n read this one. He gets like a bazillion horsepower and two bazillion foot pounds of torque outta his belcher and swears the Duramax is a girlie truck that wouldn't pull a sick whore off a pisspot.

Prepare to hear the words "obama pipe" "chip" and "inhale".

what does he drive?

what does he drive?

Well NVB?

Put your money where your Mouth is!

I run my work Trucks about 250K average!

Just moved out of a CUMMINS & in to so called Girlie truck!

Yanked the re-burner(AKA Obama Pipe!)off it & put an apple to apple 100 HorsePower upgrade on her as well!(Same HorsePower up-grade as what I was running on the 5.9 CUMMINS!)

She runs OK,Ain't got near the Low End Torque as the CUMMINS and She's a THIRSTY SON OF A BITTCH!

She's packing a couple thousand pounds less than what the CUMMINS was,yes I took 20 extra wrenches & other Heavy Misc BS I didn't need 6 of each off the Rig!

I figure Mileage with a Calculator not them lieing SOB'in Digital Read-outs that everybody takes to Heart!

Driving with an Egg between my foot & the Throttle Pedal She'll pull 12 to 14 MPG!

I haven't put my 13,000 pound trailer on her yet,that ought to be some good Obama Mileage there,remember,there's a f'n shortage of Fuel,so lets make all these Newer Diesels (Fords,Dodges & GM's!) eat Fuel like it's Candy!

The Newer Obamamobiles have Obama Juice Tanks on them as well,You can keep em all!

You seen the Obama Juice Tanks on the GM's?

Take that f'r off road & see how long that'll last!

Drove a New Dodge the other day,Nice Truck,was not impressed with the 6.7 they are bragging to have near 800 ft lbs of Torque,my old work truck woulda stomped it's ass!

Ya,you can triple chip them Diesels up to where they are fast/quick,but I like useable power that ain't gonna melt em down,100 HP & 200 ft lbs of extra Torque is enough for me!

Again NVB!

If you even had a clue to what a good running Diesel could & would do you'd throw rocks at that lil PISSCUTTER Gas engine you're strolling around in!:D

I get out of a decent running Truck & then jump in my PISSCUTTIN Rig and it's like WTF?

They keep screwin with New Diesels they can Keep em!

For GAWDS Sakes Guys,We Got Kids on this Site,Some of them are 65 years Old!:D

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!
:p

Well NVB?

Put your money where your Mouth is!

I run my work Trucks about 250K average!

Just moved out of a CUMMINS & in to so called Girlie truck!

Yanked the re-burner(AKA Obama Pipe!)off it & put an apple to apple 100 HorsePower upgrade on her as well!(Same HorsePower up-grade as what I was running on the 5.9 CUMMINS!)

She runs OK,Ain't got near the Low End Torque as the CUMMINS and She's a THIRSTY SON OF A BITTCH!

She's packing a couple thousand pounds less than what the CUMMINS was,yes I took 20 extra wrenches & other Heavy Misc BS I didn't need 6 of each off the Rig!

I figure Mileage with a Calculator not them lieing SOB'in Digital Read-outs that everybody takes to Heart!

Driving with an Egg between my foot & the Throttle Pedal She'll pull 12 to 14 MPG!

I haven't put my 13,000 pound trailer on her yet,that ought to be some good Obama Mileage there,remember,there's a f'n shortage of Fuel,so lets make all these Newer Diesels (Fords,Dodges & GM's!) eat Fuel like it's Candy!

The Newer Obamamobiles have Obama Juice Tanks on them as well,You can keep em all!

You seen the Obama Juice Tanks on the GM's?

Take that f'r off road & see how long that'll last!

Drove a New Dodge the other day,Nice Truck,was not impressed with the 6.7 they are bragging to have near 800 ft lbs of Torque,my old work truck woulda stomped it's ass!

Ya,you can triple chip them Diesels up to where they are fast/quick,but I like useable power that ain't gonna melt em down,100 HP & 200 ft lbs of extra Torque is enough for me!

Again NVB!

If you even had a clue to what a good running Diesel could & would do you'd throw rocks at that lil PISSCUTTER Gas engine you're strolling around in!:D

I get out of a decent running Truck & then jump in my PISSCUTTIN Rig and it's like WTF?

They keep screwin with New Diesels they can Keep em!

i had a 04 5.9 and loved it i got the new 6.7 and hate it . the 6.7 gets 7 mpg polling my work trailers and the 5.9 got 12...

i had a 04 5.9 and loved it i got the new 6.7 and hate it . the 6.7 gets 7 mpg polling my work trailers and the 5.9 got 12...

For Krist sake NVB!

It's gotta be somebodies Fault!

I was leaning towards Obama though!

You ought to see how slick reacts when I come down on his President!

For Krist sake NVB!

It's gotta be somebodies Fault!

I was leaning towards Obama though!

You ought to see how slick reacts when I come down on his President!

justr!

PPE!

justr!

PPE!

I no longer inject excess fuel in to an Exhaust System & they can KISS MY ASS!

I no longer inject excess fuel in to an Exhaust System & they can KISS MY ASS!

I would bet $$$ the motor in my ford will outlast most of the newer diesel motors out there today! The 7.3 Ford had till '03 is the best/most reliable motor out there! And it's a damn good lookin truck to boot!

IMG_3736.jpg

IMG_2944.jpg

I would bet $$$ the motor in my ford will outlast most of the newer diesel motors out there today! The 7.3 Ford had till '03 is the best/most reliable motor out there! And it's a damn good lookin truck to boot!

IMG_3736.jpg

IMG_2944.jpg

the cummins 12 valve motor is the best diesel motor ever built. so many make it to a million miles. the motor was mechanical and had very few moving parts. these trucks are bringing some good money and hard to pick one up. but that was from the years of 94 to 98.

bad thing about the ford was the 6.0 liter. lots of problems witht he egr valve and a unlimited list of problems

the 6.4 is another joke. at the ford shop here in town everyday they are tearing a cab off a 6.4 liter cause its the only way to work on the turbos. they built up with lots of carbnation.

the new 2011 ford seems not to bad, but you just got to make sure you fill with urea. or the damn thing will leave you stranded.

the 6.7 cummins had its problems but with a few deletes it runs great.

i would suggest the 5.9 liter.

all trucks have there ups and downs. the 7.3 ford was a good motor to and just about the only good motor they had.

duramax is a hard truck to beat to. they get darn good gas miliage and hard to beat on the track.

dodge03.jpg

rolling coal with ppe programmer and few more extras.

the cummins 12 valve motor is the best diesel motor ever built. so many make it to a million miles. the motor was mechanical and had very few moving parts. these trucks are bringing some good money and hard to pick one up. but that was from the years of 94 to 98.

bad thing about the ford was the 6.0 liter. lots of problems witht he egr valve and a unlimited list of problems

the 6.4 is another joke. at the ford shop here in town everyday they are tearing a cab off a 6.4 liter cause its the only way to work on the turbos. they built up with lots of carbnation.

the new 2011 ford seems not to bad, but you just got to make sure you fill with urea. or the damn thing will leave you stranded.

the 6.7 cummins had its problems but with a few deletes it runs great.

i would suggest the 5.9 liter.

all trucks have there ups and downs. the 7.3 ford was a good motor to and just about the only good motor they had.

duramax is a hard truck to beat to. they get darn good gas miliage and hard to beat on the track.

dodge03.jpg

rolling coal with ppe programmer and few more extras.

Well Bio?

What ya done to the Ford?

7.3's in them years were perty decent!

Just couldn't pull with a CUMMINS without some major work!

Well Bio?

What ya done to the Ford?

7.3's in them years were perty decent!

Just couldn't pull with a CUMMINS without some major work!

i was a ford mechanic and i can tell you the 6.0s were not all bad. they are a good motor if you get rid or the egr system. its very easy to do and there are lots of kits aftermarket to do it. change the oil regular and change the fuel filters and they will be reliable for a long time. my dad has one, my brother has three, my cousin has one, my bro in law has one. three of those trucks have over 100k miles and none of them have had a breakdown. maintenance is the key to any vehicle. and because they have got a bad name you can pick them up cheap. that being said i drive a 7.3 that is still going strong after 273000 miles with a chip and propane. its a 96 so after 399999 it rolls back to zero. a couple more years and ill sell it as a clean low mileage one owner. hahaha!!!! any takers???

ps, my bro bought a duramax because he wanted to try something new after owning six different powerstrokes. it has been in the shop 4 times in 10,000 miles. no engine issues but 4 seperate leaks. one oil, two transmission, and one transfer case leak. maybe all the cutbacks in dearborne have affected quality control

i was a ford mechanic and i can tell you the 6.0s were not all bad. they are a good motor if you get rid or the egr system. its very easy to do and there are lots of kits aftermarket to do it. change the oil regular and change the fuel filters and they will be reliable for a long time. my dad has one, my brother has three, my cousin has one, my bro in law has one. three of those trucks have over 100k miles and none of them have had a breakdown. maintenance is the key to any vehicle. and because they have got a bad name you can pick them up cheap. that being said i drive a 7.3 that is still going strong after 273000 miles with a chip and propane. its a 96 so after 399999 it rolls back to zero. a couple more years and ill sell it as a clean low mileage one owner. hahaha!!!! any takers???

ps, my bro bought a duramax because he wanted to try something new after owning six different powerstrokes. it has been in the shop 4 times in 10,000 miles. no engine issues but 4 seperate leaks. one oil, two transmission, and one transfer case leak. maybe all the cutbacks in dearborne have affected quality control

There is a good reason Ford puts a Cummins in their BIG (f450-650 ect)trucks,forget the powerjoke.

There is a good reason Ford puts a Cummins in their BIG (f450-650 ect)trucks,forget the powerjoke.

>Well Bio?
>
>What ya done to the Ford?
>
>
>7.3's in them years were perty
>decent!
>
>Just couldn't pull with a CUMMINS
>without some major work!

5in exhaust, intake, programer, tranny upgrade, got some gauges also... nothin too exciting. I don't care about being able to pull with a cummins. I bought that truck because of the 7.3 and cuz I plan on keeping it till I'm old! Also like the way it looks! :)

>Well Bio?
>
>What ya done to the Ford?
>
>
>7.3's in them years were perty
>decent!
>
>Just couldn't pull with a CUMMINS
>without some major work!

5in exhaust, intake, programer, tranny upgrade, got some gauges also... nothin too exciting. I don't care about being able to pull with a cummins. I bought that truck because of the 7.3 and cuz I plan on keeping it till I'm old! Also like the way it looks! :)

Lol Bio!

"I don't care about being able to pull with a cummins"!

I thought that's why you bought a Belcher?

Just do me one Favor!

If NVB or slick ever thinks they're gonna try & pass you,make both of them Inhale!:D

Lol Bio!

"I don't care about being able to pull with a cummins"!

I thought that's why you bought a Belcher?

Just do me one Favor!

If NVB or slick ever thinks they're gonna try & pass you,make both of them Inhale!:D

I>Lol Bio!
>
>"I don't care about being able
>to pull with a cummins"!
>
>
>I thought that's why you bought
>a Belcher?
>

Ooooooooh, that's why you buy belchers. I thought it was a way of compensating for something else thats small. I don't pull much so my girlie truck with the gas engine is just fine. And I feel no need to compensate for anything either. :)

I>Lol Bio!
>
>"I don't care about being able
>to pull with a cummins"!
>
>
>I thought that's why you bought
>a Belcher?
>

Ooooooooh, that's why you buy belchers. I thought it was a way of compensating for something else thats small. I don't pull much so my girlie truck with the gas engine is just fine. And I feel no need to compensate for anything either. :)

desertdeer,

I have an '03 6.0 Power Stroke with 170K miles on it that I bought new in 2003. Would like to get rid of the EGR and was wondering which of those kits you would recommend? Also, do they pass emission tests with the EGR removed?

Thanks appreciate your input,

Jim

desertdeer,

I have an '03 6.0 Power Stroke with 170K miles on it that I bought new in 2003. Would like to get rid of the EGR and was wondering which of those kits you would recommend? Also, do they pass emission tests with the EGR removed?

Thanks appreciate your input,

Jim

>the cummins 12 valve motor is
>the best diesel motor ever
>built. so many make it
>to a million miles. the
>motor was mechanical and had
>very few moving parts. these
>trucks are bringing some good
>money and hard to pick
>one up. but that was
>from the years of 94
>to 98.

Yeah, it's a good motor but the truck its self won't last. Those dodge trucks, 1994 - 1998, were junk (aside from the motor)! Interior and exterior they would fall apart before you got 150K on em!!!

>built. so many make it
>to a million miles. the
>money and hard to pick
>one up. but that was
>from the years of 94
>to 98.

Yeah, it's a good motor but the truck its self won't last. Those dodge trucks, 1994 - 1998, were junk (aside from the motor)! Interior and exterior they would fall apart before you got 150K on em!!!

>built. so many make it
>to a million miles. the
>money and hard to pick
>one up. but that was
>from the years of 94
>to 98.

>built. so many make it
>to a million miles. the
>money and hard to pick
>one up. but that was
>from the years of 94
>to 98.

jim, i like the sinister diesel kit. it completely removes the egr valve and cooler and includes the right side up pipe to the turbo. they pass emissions on a dyno just fine. i usually order from thoroughbreddiesel.com because they do free shipping and i always google discount promo codes. if you are in the slc area and dont want to tackle the install yourself give a call down to industrial injection. i think they are about the best shop in town. g&r diesel in draper has done a lot of work for my buddies and they have been treated well there.

jim, i like the sinister diesel kit. it completely removes the egr valve and cooler and includes the right side up pipe to the turbo. they pass emissions on a dyno just fine. i usually order from thoroughbreddiesel.com because they do free shipping and i always google discount promo codes. if you are in the slc area and dont want to tackle the install yourself give a call down to industrial injection. i think they are about the best shop in town. g&r diesel in draper has done a lot of work for my buddies and they have been treated well there.

desertdeer thanks for the info Iam gonna look into getting this done...think my egr is mostly gooped up and giving me some lower performance.

Hey all out there...do you know the difference between a Jehovahs Witness and a Dodge truck?

You can slam the door on a Jehovahs Witness!

desertdeer thanks for the info Iam gonna look into getting this done...think my egr is mostly gooped up and giving me some lower performance.

Hey all out there...do you know the difference between a Jehovahs Witness and a Dodge truck?

You can slam the door on a Jehovahs Witness!

FOR NVB!

LAST EDITED ON Jul-30-11 AT 06:34PM (MST)[p]Recently I seen this bumper Sticker on NVB's Girlie Truck!

4215dodge.jpg

Probably has no choice other than to like the Smoke!

---------------------------------------------------

3497ricers_cummins_teeth-sfw.jpg

FOR NVB!

LAST EDITED ON Jul-30-11 AT 06:34PM (MST)[p]Recently I seen this bumper Sticker on NVB's Girlie Truck!

4215dodge.jpg

Probably has no choice other than to like the Smoke!

---------------------------------------------------

3497ricers_cummins_teeth-sfw.jpg

Ford Powerstroke all the way!

I own a 2008 F250 w/6.4 Powerstroke. Recently Obama exhaust removed Spartan tuned and am VERY happy with it! I've had zero repairs needed, only scheduled maintenance. I hated the DPF & regen... stupidist thing the government has ever done is force every diesel engine after 2008 to burn more fuel in order to produce less black smoke!

My hunting partner has a 2008 GMC duramaximus brokimus. He's had to fix all kinds of stuff. Tranny leaks, transfer case leaks, and I helped him put a new fan clutch on this weekend.

My company truck is Dodge. Absolute POS. Only has 34k miles and has more squeaks and rattles than my 1978 F250 does!! Have to crank up the stereo to try and drown out all the dash squeaks and rattles.

The 5.9 cummins are great motors no doubt, but they are wrapped with donkey dung for a truck.

Buy the Ford. Live happily ever after.

Ford Powerstroke all the way!

I own a 2008 F250 w/6.4 Powerstroke. Recently Obama exhaust removed Spartan tuned and am VERY happy with it! I've had zero repairs needed, only scheduled maintenance. I hated the DPF & regen... stupidist thing the government has ever done is force every diesel engine after 2008 to burn more fuel in order to produce less black smoke!

My hunting partner has a 2008 GMC duramaximus brokimus. He's had to fix all kinds of stuff. Tranny leaks, transfer case leaks, and I helped him put a new fan clutch on this weekend.

My company truck is Dodge. Absolute POS. Only has 34k miles and has more squeaks and rattles than my 1978 F250 does!! Have to crank up the stereo to try and drown out all the dash squeaks and rattles.

The 5.9 cummins are great motors no doubt, but they are wrapped with donkey dung for a truck.

Buy the Ford. Live happily ever after.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom