Currant creek late season cow tag?

xbow

I have a Currant creek cow tag beginning on Dec. 14th, but have never hunted elk this late in the year. Would love to hear from anybody who has had success hunting them in Dec. Will there still be elk up around Currant creek in mid-December or will they be long gone and I need to look elsewhere? Very familiar with the currant creek area just not hunting them this late in the year. I have a few other areas in mind such as red creek reservoir, but I understand there is a lot of private property back that way? If anyone can provide any tips on where these elk go during the late season I would greatly appreciate it. I know the elk have been shot up pretty good up there, but figure I have the tag and haven't really been able to hunt much with school over the past few years so I might as well try to fill it since the hunt falls over xmas break. Appreciate any advice.

I have the same tag and plan to get out for some scouting this weekend. Glad to trade info with you if you're interested.

I've hunted elk this time of year a lot, but not on this unit. Still, it's all about the snow. So until I can get up there and see what this storm has done, I'm clueless. Doubt there'll be any elk still hanging on Currant Creek, though.

Xbow,
What ended up happening on the late LE Nebo hunt?

4aec49a65c565954.jpg

Whopps!

There an Xbow on the UWN that had the Nebo late tag ....

Thought you were him,,,,, Sorry.

4aec49a65c565954.jpg

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom