CVA Optima load?

Bocephus

What are you guys having success with in your Accuras/Optimas? I'm starting with 100 grains of BH 209 with a 250 grain Hornady. Haven't shot it yet, but curious what success you are having?

Thanks!

My mtn rifle likes 250gr Hornady or Barnes in a Harvester black crushed rib sabot, on top of 90grs by volume BH209. Damn near 5 holes touching at 100 yards.

My elk load is 90 gr of BH 209 and a 350 gr Hornaday FPB.

So it kinda depends on what you are hunting and how far to you intend to shoot. I am hunting Colorado (open sights) and feel good out to about 150 yards.

But you don't need a lot of BH 209 to give you plenty of power. I start having serious recoil issues if I use 100 or more gr. But I have neck issues

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Exactly what txhunter said except I have bad shoulders. This works well in my cva too.

>My elk load is 90 gr
>of BH 209 and a
>350 gr Hornaday FPB.
>
>So it kinda depends on what
>you are hunting and how
>far to you intend to
>shoot. I am hunting
>Colorado (open sights) and feel
>good out to about 150
>yards.
>
>But you don't need a lot
>of BH 209 to give
>you plenty of power. I
>start having serious recoil issues
>if I use 100 or
>more gr. But I
>have neck issues
>
>
>
>txhunter58
>
>venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore
>I am)

"Courage is being scared to death but
saddling up anyway."

Accura V2 : using 100 gr BHorn 209, powerbelt platinum aerotip 300 gr. Doubled-lunged a buck and did great damage but he was within 50 yds. I would love to post entry and exit wound pics but i cant figure out how to post. Followed directions til i was blue in the face, pic showed up as copied "this will appear in your post" but nothin doing.
Everybody seems to dump on PBelts but they worked well for me.

Used 90 Grains of Triple 7 FFP and a 320 Grain Maxi Ball yesterday at an antelope. Knocked him down from 120 yards. Complete pass through.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom