CWD Jumping to Humans?

Let's prey on fears... smh. ZERO evidence to suggest this.

Screenshot_20240421_052611_Chrome.jpg

Hmm. I am one who, after looking at the collective science, is worried this may jump to man eventually.

But I don’t follow the logic of this article.
The 72 yr old man died from something resembling CJD. But it also resembles other diseases that do occur in man. I see nothing in the article that says they diagnosed CJD in this man. So they are making an assumption. Something that should never be don’t in true science.

If I’m wrong, and they really do have proof he died from CJD, then this article does raise some red flags.

Hmm. I am one who, after looking at the collective science, is worried this may jump to man eventually.

But I don’t follow the logic of this article.
The 72 yr old man died from something resembling CJD. But it also resembles other diseases that do occur in man. I see nothing in the article that says they diagnosed CJD in this man. So they are making an assumption. Something that should never be don’t in true science.

If I’m wrong, and they really do have proof he died from CJD, then this article does raise some red flags.
It is my understanding that one of the two men, known acquaintances, was confirmed CJD and one exhibited sudden onset of aggression and confusion before death. The fact that one of these men had CJD does not by itself demonstrate any link to CWD, but both men dying of CJD would be a very unlikely coincidence (suggesting a possible link to CWD). With all that said, I basically agree with you that this news article smells fishy. For one thing, if you look for an unusual coincidence then you just might find it. That is the nature of statistics and probability. I’m surprised the journal got published based on what I read in this news article, but maybe the researchers presented more compelling evidence than what was actually reported in the news article.

I also worry about the potential of CWD jumping to humans. I would not knowingly eat an infected deer, but I have never had any of my deer or elk tested.

Last edited:
I also worry about the potential of CWD jumping to humans. I would not knowingly eat an infected deer, but I have never had any of my deer or elk tested.
It's ok to eat as long as you don't test it? Does the test make the CWD more potent or something?

To be fair, most hunters in known CDW areas, don't test and I'm sure they say the same thing you do. Bottom line, every hunter in these areas has eaten meat from a CDW infected deer, elk or moose. No confirmed cases in human.

It's ok to eat as long as you don't test it? Does the test make the CWD more potent or something?

To be fair, most hunters in known CDW areas, don't test and I'm sure they say the same thing you do. Bottom line, every hunter in these areas has eaten meat from a CDW infected deer, elk or moose. No confirmed cases in human.
I have avoided hunting areas with known CWD so I believe that the animals I take have been CWD free. Just to be clear, I don’t believe there is any evidence that CWD can jump to humans and that venison is as wholesome or more wholesome than anything I can get in the store.

Last edited:
Utah may want to implement a new “Committee” filled with the states finest minds and a few YouTubers sprinkled in to get a grip on the situation.

I hope CWD is the next mad cow and scares everyone out of hunting. I'd trust the meat off a CWD kill more than eating a burger at your local bar.

To think no way no how CWD cannot jump to humans eventually would be quite naive.
As would making the assumption it ever will. In 50 years of CWD positive big-game, there is no increase in CJD in humans in the areas with highest prevalence for the longest time.

Sure, monitor and continue to study. But panic and misinformation/click bait from the article in question is as ridiculous as it is irresponsible. Crap junk "science" like that shouldn't even be published.

The way science works is not anecdotal nonsense about 2 cases with no evidence, in any way, that a CWD positive deer was the cause of either. We don't even know if they consumed a CWD positive animal in either case.

Just because 2 people happened to have CJD is an area with CWD, does not equate to anything other than a statistical anomaly, like a NR hunter drawing 2 sheep tags in 2 states the same year. It doesn't mean the draws are rigged, it's just a statistical probability that happens from time to time.

Again, it would seem to me that if CWD was transferable to humans, the areas that have had CWD the longest, with the highest prevalence, after 50 years, we would be seeing much higher infections of CJD in humans.

We aren't and that's why I put no value in that article other than just something to report, but in a way that isn't clickbait and BS.

As would making the assumption it ever will. In 50 years of CWD positive big-game, there is no increase in CJD in humans in the areas with highest prevalence for the longest time.

Sure, monitor and continue to study. But panic and misinformation/click bait from the article in question is as ridiculous as it is irresponsible. Crap junk "science" like that shouldn't even be published.

The way science works is not anecdotal nonsense about 2 cases with no evidence, in any way, that a CWD positive deer was the cause of either. We don't even know if they consumed a CWD positive animal in either case.

Just because 2 people happened to have CJD is an area with CWD, does not equate to anything other than a statistical anomaly, like a NR hunter drawing 2 sheep tags in 2 states the same year. It doesn't mean the draws are rigged, it's just a statistical probability that happens from time to time.

Again, it would seem to me that if CWD was transferable to humans, the areas that have had CWD the longest, with the highest prevalence, after 50 years, we would be seeing much higher infections of CJD in humans.

We aren't and that's why I put no value in that article other than just something to report, but in a way that isn't clickbait and BS.
:ROFLMAO:

while i agree i find this hilarious coming from the guy that was a vaccine/mask/6' separation/ trust the science warrior on here just a few short years ago.

when'd you see the light?

while i agree i find this hilarious coming from the guy that was a vaccine/mask/6' separation/ trust the science warrior on here just a few short years ago.

You sound confused, but carry on with your nonsense.

Did you drink bleach with your horse paste and kool-aid?

You sound confused, but carry on with your nonsense.

Did you drink bleach with your horse paste and kool-aid?
i was just admiring your ardent discipline of only trusting science with 50 plus years of observation and data before swallowing whole a load of tripe. very consistent of you

tell me this though. if CWD can jump to humans does that mean we need to keep 4 year olds from playing at the park this summer?

i was just admiring your ardent discipline of only trusting science with 50 plus years of observation and data before swallowing whole a load of tripe. very consistent of you

tell me this though. if CWD can jump to humans does that mean we need to keep 4 year olds from playing at the park this summer?

We definitely should fill skate parks with sand.

Cut down basketball rims, close scenic turnouts on the highways.

We definitely should shut down small stores and cafes so chains and Amazon can expand.

And most importantly, we should bankrupt thousands and thousands of small businesses because " they weren't smart enough" to save enough money like Buzz did to survive all those sscience based shutdowns.(yup, he said it).

We definitely should fill skate parks with sand.

Cut down basketball rims, close scenic turnouts on the highways.

We definitely should shut down small stores and cafes so chains and Amazon can expand.

And most importantly, we should bankrupt thousands and thousands of small businesses because " they weren't smart enough" to save enough money like Buzz did to survive all those sscience based shutdowns.(yup, he said it).
i mean. we gotta follow the science

I for one will take my chances, CWD won't charge my application strategies one bit. Love it when Flaming libs are called out for their foolishness..just saying.

I heard that the cannibals of Paupa New Guinea got kuru from Joe Biden's uncle!

Maybe we can fit in some rumor about a family tradition with sheep with scrapie?

one or two events!!! :ROFLMAO: whos being silly now! and no one said all science. in fact real science is still real. problem is propaganda has taken 90% of its place in popular culture

but yeah, the whole world wide shut down over a supposed bat fkn an armadillo with forced experimental drugs on billions and welding people in their apartments was just one or two little things we should all probably forget about and trust our dear leaders again.

one or two events!!! :ROFLMAO: whos being silly now! and no one said all science. in fact real science is still real. problem is propaganda has taken 90% of its place in popular culture

but yeah, the whole world wide shut down over a supposed bat fkn an armadillo with forced experimental drugs on billions and welding people in their apartments was just one or two little things we should all probably forget about and trust our dear leaders again.
🤡

says the guy that probably has his bandaid from his 19th vaccine shot framed in his shop. yeah im the clown for sure...
As per usual, you know zip about the subject at hand CWD, so you pivot to a couple other things you know nothing about, science and COVID.

Try to stick to one subject you know nothing about at a time, you might keep that last shred of credibility you think you have.

Bringing this thread back, try keeping the discussion about CWD.

10 posts and only 1 about CWD.

You want to talk CWD: I will be happy to discuss. As a veterinarian who has had deer clients, I know a little. But no one knows it all. What we don’t know scares me as much as what we do.

At this point, no one can say it will jump to humans. And the reverse:. No one can say for sure it won’t.

I skipped to the bottom. For safety
BE AFRAID, BE VERY AFRAID AND STOP HUNTING DEER ON THE CACHE UNIT. UNTIL I GIVE THE ALL CLEAR SIGN.

The problem is that some (not all) scientists go into a study with a predetermined outcome, it's hinged on where they get their funding. Climate change and Covid prime examples. Who in the heck thought masks could deter this minisquel virus which doesn't slow down one bit getting through the masks the scientists recommended? This junk science was about government desire to control the people. Those alarmists scientists proclaiming carbon emissions are going to "Cook us" are getting funding from folks who have dark motivation. The Climate is changing, but it's a normal cycle that will change again and again over time. This planet was created by God, He doesn't make mistakes.

If CWD is in the brain, seems to me that the biggest risk of transmission to us would be handling and cleaning/capping the skull, disposal and cleaning up everything.

There are many other possibilities, even type of CJD and how two friends could have got similar symptoms, one confirmed CJD. They could have done a lot of things together besides the hunting lodge. Probably not that many old people who die of those symptoms are tested but 350 deaths per year to all types of CJD is in the noise.

Ohh boy, he was one of those? I really should have pegged that, you know being the big time gubbermemt guy he is…

At least 2 more as long as it doesn't require counting past 5, you're golden.

Laffin'.
Is the only reason you can count to six because they ran your insurance card that many times for your vaccine and boosters? Where you been scoping out license plates on the winter range? Or did you and Tri just finish a grueling match of are you smarter than a 5th grader? 😂😂 What’s a laffin’ one of those Wyoming queer beers?

Is the only reason you can count to six because they ran your insurance card that many times for your vaccine and boosters? Where you been scoping out license plates on the winter range? Or did you and Tri just finish a grueling match of are you smarter than a 5th grader? 😂😂 What’s a laffin’ one of those Wyoming queer beers?
All those points and a waiting period...all for a management elk.

Brutal.

All those points and a waiting period...all for a management elk.

Brutal.
Two foot 3rds are crappy 😂😂 your last resident buddy got embarrassed when he started this dumb argument he hasn’t showed up since. Maybe he’s in jail for beating his wife who knows you guys are a funny inbred bunch that are a couple chromosomes short of being semi intelligent. I think you’ve killed a couple nice pronghorn on your end which congrats. But yeah I wasn’t able to find a whole lot interesting about you maybe if I have more time to sift through your years of non resident whining I’ll find it. Guess what though it’ll be pretty hard to hunt elk when your vax gives you miocarditis. I’ll also leave you with this to suck on this is from someone else on social media just to show what babies you guys are. Try not to punch a few holes in the drywall over this. Careful not to let that beak get in the way either Gonzo.

IMG_3473.jpeg

Two foot 3rds are crappy 😂😂 your last resident buddy got embarrassed when he started this dumb argument he hasn’t showed up since. Maybe he’s in jail for beating his wife who knows you guys are a funny inbred bunch that are a couple chromosomes short of being semi intelligent. I think you’ve killed a couple nice pronghorn on your end which congrats. But yeah I wasn’t able to find a whole lot interesting about you maybe if I have more time to sift through your years of non resident whining I’ll find it. Guess what though it’ll be pretty hard to hunt elk when your vax gives you miocarditis. I’ll also leave you with this to suck on this is from someone else on social media just to show what babies you guys are. Try not to punch a few holes in the drywall over this. Careful not to let that beak get in the way either Gonzo.

View attachment 143409
Yeah those resident shed hunters will be whining that whole first week of May! :ROFLMAO:

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom