CWD Meeting July 19

ICMDEER

Very Active Member
There is a special meeting on Tuesday, July 19th to discuss the development of a CWD plan for the Laramie Range mule deer. Here are the meeting details:

Date: Tuesday, July 19
Time: 6 PM start

The public is invited to this initial meeting. A local working group will come out of the meeting, and people can volunteer to serve on the committee.

The meeting will cover deer areas 59, 60 and 64. Those areas take in parts of Albany, Laramie, Platte, Converse, and a bit of Carbon Counties.

If I understand correctly, there WILL NOT be an option to attend by Zoom or other remote methods. In-person attendance only.

According to the letter I received, the Working Group will have the following job duties and responsibilities:

- Mandatory attendance to in-person meetings in Wheatland 3-4 times per year.
- Collaborate with other Working Group members.
- Collaborate with WGFD personnel.
- Long-term commitment of 1+ years to being on the working group.
- Read, learn and understand the Department's CWD Management Plan.
- Collaborate and provide management recommendations to WGFD.

Those responsibilities came verbatim off the letter from the local biologist.

I have what I would call "personal suspicions" about where WGFD would like to head this committee. I will be there on the 19th and will commit to the length of term necessary to be a member of the Working Group.

I would encourage as many of you as possible to attend. Summer meetings are tough and this is a bit out of what I consider the normal routine for setting up and selecting an important committee. PLEASE plan to attend and let your voices be heard. This appears to be a very important group that will not only lay the foundation for mule deer management in the listed areas, but will also likely set a precedent for deer management in other Wyoming areas with CWD.

Thanks and I hope to see a good crowd in Wheatland on the 19th.

Hopefully Wyo learns from the mistakes that the CPW are doing here in Colo! I would encourage everyone that is interested in long-term impacts to Wyo mule deer to get involved. I certainly wish Colo would have taken this approach before slaughtering rutting muley bucks on winter ranges in Colorado!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom