Cylinder Stoves A-Frame?

Foreman4x4

Very Active Member
Anyone used the wall tent A-Frame made by Cylinder Stoves? I have an internal frame for my 12x14 tent, but it's pretty heavy and kind of a PITA to set up, so I was thinking about getting the A-Frame from C.S., but wanted to see if anyone had any first hand experience with it before spending the money.

I have one of the cylinder stove A-frames and one I made. His frames have a cable truss system on the ridge pole that eliminates the need for a center pole. The only thing I don't like is he welds one of the guns to the end of the ridge pole so when you move the legs out it rotates the ridge. Not a big problem. I bought the packer frame. All poles break down to nothing longer then 40". I made my own A-frame using cylinder stove "guns" and 1 3/8" fence top rail for my ridge pole and legs and 1/2" electrical conduit for my wall poles. This is the same material that cylinder stoves uses. I like the A-frame set up for the way it holds the walls down in the wind. If you'd like more details on how I made my frame let me know.
Wes

I bought a cs tent system last year and I love it. The best part is that if you break something their parts aren't expensive. Worth every penny

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom