CZ 527 ?????

PJHntr

I'm wanting to pick up a new yote gun. Was thinking about finding a nice used model 700 but a friend told me to take a look at a CZ 527. I had never even heard of CZ (don't get your feelings hurt I'm not a huge gun buff). From what I've been reading they are great guns. The max I can "skim" from the account is around $550, before the wife throws me out. So the question is..Is this the best gun for the money, used or new? Oh yeah, I want it in .223.

Thanks Guys.

Nosler has been pushing the CZ line in their gun shop for years, and most guys seem to like them ok. a buddy has one in 223 and he hits about as many rock chucks as I do with my swift.

If it were me I's still rather buy a used 700 or something like that, I don't think the CZ is a bad gun if you ever want to sell it good luck.

Are you suggesting that it doesn't quite live to up to the hype? I want to hear the bad stuff because I can't seem to find much on the web. Re-sell is not an issue for me simply for the fact that I will never sell any of my guns.
Thanks again.

I can't really say there's any bad stuff, they're just a little crude in my opinion. Savage strikes me the same way, not a bad gun just a little rough around the edges. if resale doesn't concern you I wouldn't be affraid of a CZ, but I still think I'd rather have a nice used rifle with a few more frills.

I own a CZ 527 in the .204 and it is by far the most accurate gun that I own. I am a big browning and wincestor fan, but decide to go with the CZ and I can definetly say I am sold. Great american made gun.

My friend has a CZ in a 17HMR. It is a very nice rifle with a very light trigger , out of the box.I was with him when he bought it at Sportsmans and had a BSA sweet 17 mounted on it and ,its about as awesome a little gun as can be.I wouldn't hesitate owning a CZ. I'm picky about buying used rifles but will if I have a pretty good idea about the history/life of the rifle...

Just went to the range with my new xmas present (CZ 527 varmit) and I got to say I love it. I was getting 1" 5 shot groups with cheap bulk ammo. Once I switch to the good stuff I hope I can shrink the groupsd down some.

Hey rabidR what caliber did you get it in. I just went to the range this morning to make sure the CZ .204 is still dialed in for the coyotes tomorrow. First shot dead centered the 10, the next 4 were all touching about 3/8" the right of the first shot. Man do I love that CZ .204 and the 1lb trigger when you push the trigger forward. Fun gun to shoot.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom