D Day, Reported by Today's Media

E

ELKabong

June 6, 1944. -NORMANDY- Three hundred French civilians were killed and thousands more wounded today in the first hours of America's invasion of continental Europe. Casualties were heaviest among women and children. Most of the French casualties were the result of artillery fire from American ships attempting to knock out German fortifications prior to the landing of hundreds of thousands of U.S. troops. Reports from a makeshift hospital in the French town of St. Mere Eglise said the carnage was far worse than the French had anticipated and reaction against the American invasion was running high. "We are dying for no reason," said a Frenchman speaking on condition of anonymity. "Americans can't even shoot straight. I never thought I'd say this, but life was better under Adolph Hitler."

The invasion also caused severe environmental damage. American troops, tanks, trucks and machinery destroyed miles of pristine shoreline and thousands of acres of ecologically sensitive wetlands. It was believed that the habitat of the spineless French crab was completely wiped out, threatening the species with extinction. A representative of Greenpeace said his organization, which had tried to stall the invasion for over a year, was appalled at the destruction, but not surprised. "This is just another example of how the military destroys the environment without a second thought, " said Christine Moanmore. "And it's all about corporate greed." Contacted at his Manhattan condo, a member of the French government-in-exile who abandoned Paris when Hitler invaded said the invasion was based solely on American financial interests. "Everyone knows the President Roosevelt has ties to big beer," said Pierre LeWimp. "Once the German beer industry is conquered, Roosevelt's beer cronies will control the world market and make a fortune."

Administration supporters said America's aggressive actions were based in part on the assertions of controversial scientist Albert Einstein, who sent a letter to Roosevelt speculating that the Germans were developing a secret weapon, a so-called "atomic bomb." Such a weapon could produce casualties on a scale never seen before and cause environmental damage that could last for thousands of years. Hitler has denied having such a weapon and international inspectors were unable to locate such weapons even after spending two long weekends in Germany. Shortly after the invasion began reports surfaced that German prisoners had been abused by Americans. Mistreatment of Jews by Germans at so-called "concentration camps" has been rumored but so far, remains unproven.

Several thousand Americans died during the first hours of the invasion and French officials are concerned that uncollected corpses pose a public health risk. "The Americans should have planned for this in advance," they said. "It's their mess and we don't intend to clean it up."

We would all be speaking german if we had had a traitorous media back then. The truth is stranger than fiction.

JB

LAST EDITED ON Jan-24-07 AT 02:48PM (MST)[p]You got it....

"One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

You guys crack me up, is Iraq all tea party's and ice cream socials? if it's so much better than the wicked media says it is why almost 4 years later is Bush asking for more troops? spin away boys nobodys buying it, I'm wondering if you guys are going to miss hunting season this fall so you can go take in the splender of Iraq? it's the place to be in'08 but the media just won't tell it like it is, those scum bags.

Hey... I'm thin'n self-guided hunt to north Iraq this fall...

No, it ain't peaches 'an cream, but it's not all bad either.

All the infrastructure that's been repaired/rebuilt, all the schools 'an buildings repaired/rebuilt/built, power plants, water plants, sewage plants, roads... never a word about any of that.
Women getting an education? People voting? Hearsay!

It's tiring 'an frustrating... 'an there's not a damn thing I can do about it.

Everyone knows the President Roosevelt has ties to big beer," said Pierre LeWimp. "Once the German beer industry is conquered, Roosevelt's beer cronies will control the world market and make a fortune."

And all this time I thought WWII was over the Volkswagon.

Nice post ELKabong

Eel

Whelp... look where they are going to be sent.
The bulk is headed fer Bagdad, where most of the @$$hole terrorists(oh, sorry, I meant "insurgents"... that's what the press wants- and has got- us to call them) are.
4K headed to somewhere in the west part of Iraq.
If by increasing the troops, it a; speeds up the process of us gett'n the hell outta there b; makes it safer for the troops already there, then I support the Pres's decision.
At this point, the beehive is knocked over...
Right or wrong, good or bad, doesn't really matter now.
It's just got to be finished. No walk'n away.
And as fast as possible.
I think you can agree with that?

If it would work I agree go for it, but the vast majority including most promanant military experts say this will do little to change the outcome of the Iraq debacle. this is the last gasp for Bush and he knows it, problem is how much good will it have to do and how soon to be called a success? he'll get this surge but this is it, he's already lost control of congress and he's losing the support of his own party. my point is if this doesn't do it then it's over, that said with such a small chance it will work why even send these 22,000 Americans into harms way for nothing? we'll have our answers by the end of the year, I honestly hope for the best but it's most likely just another episode in this festival of errors.

Hey Huntindude,

How did we get to Bush from a post about the media, I believe the media tells the story the way that they want to portray it, not how it really is. I talked to a soldier that just returned from Iraq, he was personally tired of the media reports that he felt weren't accurate. His idea was the same as the President's, more troops and take care of business the right way. Anyway did you get to hunt in Nevada as you were planning last time I talked to you. Good luck on the draws.

Rich

Huntindude, I'm curious, have you personally to talked to any of the combat soldiers that have returned from Iraq in the last year or 18 months? I hope you have since your opinions are so prolific.

My experence talking to these young men is they feel they are doing good for the Iraqi people and that the terrorists from all of the middle east countries have concentrated their efforts Iraq and forgotten about attacks on America.

I thought this article was whining about the media coverage in Iraq as compaired to WWII, even Fox and friends can't sugar coat it very good from what little I've watched them so who could? if you guys can prove Iraq is going great then you should have done it before the elections. funny how you never prove anything just whine about the "lies" everyone else accepts as truth. I don't care if there's a grinning Iraqi somewhere it's not my country's job to make rag heads smile. I know two farm boys who have been in Iraq for several years. the one I know well says it's worse than we think it is and he feels it's hopeless, the other kid says it's a joke but it's a job. not all soldiers share you zest for the Iraqi situation.

Rich,
I spent 9 days in Nevada and I saw quite a few 140-150 bucks and took a decent one the second to last day of season. it was fun but not what I'd call a trophy hunt, better than any hunt in Oregon probably but not even close to Colorado.

> If it would work I
>agree go for it, but
>the vast majority including most

Well... vast majority? According to all the news media that wants nothing better than the US ta get our a$$ kicked over there, thus showing how evil 'an wrong the Pres is.
They only give attention to people who share that view.
Polls?? I'd believe in Frosty the Snowman before I'd give any credence to a poll by CNN or ABC or.... etc...
Military experts? Look who is calling the detractors "experts"...
Consider this. When was the last time you heard from a supporter of Bush's in the major news media??
Ain't gonna happen. Negative negative negative... that's all your gonna hear.
Here is what I believe.
The Iraqie leader can see the handwrighting on the wall, he/they know the power here has shifted. Their time is running out. It sounds like target restrictions will be lifted, hopefully untying the hand behind our back, letting our troops do their job the best way they can.
If that happens, I have no dought they can get a handle on
things.

Well, 'nuff said. We arn't gonna solve it here.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom