Dads 2015 Stone Sheep Hunt

t_boneking

My dad was one of the lucky winners at the Full Curl Society banquet earlier this year. He won the the Stone Sheep Hunt with Kinaskan Lake Outfitters. Here is a short write up about his once in a life time hunt.
He arrived at base camp Monday August 17th. That night they saw a few ewes and a half curl ram. The next day they rode horses in to a remote basin and then began a six hour hike to the top of the canyon. As they crested the ridge the saw 18 rams in the next basin. After working within 330 yards my dad and another hunter set up for the shot. On the count of three they both fired. Despite the near seventy mile per hour winds they both made great shots and connected on fine rams. They then had to spend the next few days getting the sheep off the mountain. It was hunt that my dad will never forget, and truly a once in a life time adventure. For those interested his sheep was 38.5 inches long on both horns, it had 14 inch bases and was 12 years old.

6723img0052.jpg

7976img0053.jpg

2058img0062.jpg

5146img0068.jpg

9742img0089.jpg

Somebody's got to win and boy did your dad score big!
What an awesome ram he got as well as the other lucky hunter....
Great story and pics, thanks for sharing!
Ed

That's just awesome! Congrats to your dad and thanks for sharing!
Zeke

PS: If the wind was 70 mph and full-crossing, his drift would be over THREE FEET! Probably wasn't and probably wasn't but what do I know? I wasn't there.

You're right, it probably was not that strong of a wind. I was not there either. But he did say it was blowing bits of loose gravel and stone up the ridge they were standing on. I probably should have just stated that is was really windy.

>You're right, it probably was not
>that strong of a wind.
>I was not there either.
>But he did say it
>was blowing bits of loose
>gravel and stone up the
>ridge they were standing on.
>I probably should have just
>stated that is was really
>windy.

Okay.
Sometimes I say too much.
I should have just said what I said in my first paragraph because, after all, I wasn't there!
If it was blowing the gravel around, it was damn sure blowing hard!
Zeke

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom