Dad's Hunt in 14 - Early

Omordha

Wanted to share this with you guys, this is my dad's post on the Nevada Big Game Hunter's Facebook page. MY dad's had a pretty incredible season, given everything he's gone through. This is our first year stepping foot in Nevada and it has been a blast.

"It took me and my son 7 years to draw a Nevada tag. During that time I was diagnosed with 3rd stage multiple myeloma cancer(2016). Had 8 compression fractures in my vertebrae. I had a bone marrow transplant in Dec. 2016. ( had to give up my first Elk draw in AZ.??).I didn't know if I was going to be around in 2017, or even walk if I survived. I pushed hard to regain a life I felt I would never enjoy again. Everyone wanted me to take it easy. ( easy is relative I told them) . This year my son and I fulfilled a dream of mine by taking a buck (backpacking) at 10,500 ft . Now I know this isn't a big buck by Navada?s standards, but it's another slap in the face of the cancer I carry. My son was with me calling the shot. I can't say enough for his support and sacrifice. Thank all of you who supported me with info on where and how to hunt Nevada in area 14! Never give in! Never give up"

94747271138224338501500338642299965118835851264n.jpg

Sir,
What an inspiration you are to fellow hunters and people in general. Congratulations on your deer. I hope for you to have many successful hunts with you and your son in the future. God bless you!!!

This story means a lot to me because we lost my father-in-law to multiple myeloma about 15 years ago. He would be happy for you and I am too. So, take that, cancer!

Congratulations!! On a great hunt and an inspiring story i lost my brother in law to the same cancer 4 years ago.

Congrats! On the buck, keep thinking and being positive and moving forward not letting anything step in your way and I hope to see many more years of you posting pictures with deer you have harvested and hunts you have been on with your son!

https://www.sagemuleys.com

Thanks everyone! It's a tough one watching your loved ones struggle with stuff like this, but my dad has shown me so much about living through all of it. He's one tough son of a gun and I've seen the true strength of a man, because he's been fighting this thing with everyone he has in him.

Eel and Sambo, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss...

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom