Daisy and Rooster's first outing.

fatrooster

Long Time Member
Finally me and Daisy got to go out and chase down some bone. Went to a new spot where I had scouted out a bunch of bucks but we didn't do as well as I thought we would. Still we got the year started off with me finding a small three point and a 150ish 4-point set. So as always, Daisy gets off to a slow start. Fatrooster = 3 antlers and Daisy = 0 antlers. But like always, Daisy threw me a curve ball. After a long hike I was taking off my backpack at the ATV when Daisy sticks her nose up in the air and trots off into the thick brush. A couple of minutes later she comes back carrying this.
003-10.jpg

And here is her 6x6 muley dead head.

008-4.jpg

And here is my 4x4 set.
009-5.jpg

And here we are posing together.
004-4.jpg

They aren't great big finds and I didn't find as many as I would've liked to have found but it wasn't a bad first day.
So even though I'm up three antlers on Daisy the score for deadheads is Daisy = 1, fatrooster = 0.
I love seeing my shed dog trotting to me with a deadhead. fatrooster.

That's a cool pic of her. Those dogs noses are amazing. Keep em comin

YELUM, I'll have to agree with you. I think Daisy's deadhead trumps my shed antlers, lol. fatrooster.

Way to kick it off!!! I too enjoy seeing you share your outings with us.......best of luck this year!

LAST EDITED ON Mar-11-12 AT 07:11AM (MST)[p]Thanks for all of the kind words guys. I too hope all of you have a great shed hunting year. fatrooster.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom