Dall Ram in Wyoming???????

Stubaby

Very Active Member
So I was driving to Lander today from Billings, and it's about 11am. I was in the wind river canyon between Thermopolis and Shoshoni....and I was thinking to myself, "Why have I only seen 1 ram in this canyon in 5 years........hey some rams." So I pulled over in this pullout right in front of the semi I had just passed... and there are three rams and one is totally white.

I thought it was cool.

This pic is from my blackberry through my viper binos, but you get the idea.

2334white_sheep.jpg

"That's a special feeling, Lloyd"

A few years back a guy killed a very nice white desert ram in Nevada. It looked just like a heavy Dall ram. If you had a rocky tag, it would be a tough decision to shoot a Dall looking Rocky ram or a traditional colored one.
Cool find and thanks for sharing.

Ive got a few pics of that ram that are a little better but they are on my phone and Im not sure how to post them. Ive seen this ram a couple times and he appears to just be a white sheep and not an albino. Im no biologist but his eyes and nose are not pink and look to be normal in color. I don't exactly know how you tell if something is actually an albino or just pigment challenged. I've heard an indian that has a tag for the canyon is planning to go after this ram just because he's white. Kind of a shame cuz there are some real nice rams in that canyon.

That's so cool!
I've seen hundreds of wild sheep and have never seen one like that....yet. That would be a unique trophy for sure.
Thanks, Zeke

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom