Damn hot weather !!!!!!

Hardway

Very Active Member
Been watching this buck since the snow melted. He beds in heavy timber on one side of the ridge and feeds/waters at night on the other side on the edge of a large meadow. He crosses through this saddle where this trail cam is at. He NEVER leaves the heavy timber and has been 100% nocturnal. As the temps drop though he seems to be moving later in the morning and earlier in the evening but still not cooling off enough to get er done.

trailcam816822015.jpg

trailcam816822013.jpg

I hunted hard the last 2 weeks and have to hang up the bow now. Wife and I are do to have a little one on 9-10, so hopefully I can get back up torwards the end of rifle season and get him.

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

....who's the father hardway ????....surely you wouldn't have been dumb enough to breed for a sept/oct due date....would you ????

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Damn Hardway, That is one hecka nice Cali buck!! Move her Mom in with you and you get out and kill that Buck!! :)

Joey

>....who's the father hardway ????....surely you
>wouldn't have been dumb enough
>to breed for a sept/oct
>due date....would you

No....I'm retarded. Too much whiskey on thanksgiving.

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

>>....who's the father hardway ????....surely you
>>wouldn't have been dumb enough
>>to breed for a sept/oct
>>due date....would you
>
>No....I'm retarded. Too much whiskey on
>thanksgiving.

It happens.. My youngest daughter's birthday is October 10th...

Great buck. What do you think he scores? What state? I agree that you need to kiss some arse real hard to get on this sucker soon!

>Great buck. What do you think
>he scores? What state?
>I agree that you need
>to kiss some arse real
>hard to get on this
>sucker soon!

What section of the forum are you in?????

He's hard to score, these D zone bucks have alot of blacktail in em and it makes him look larger than they really are. If I had to guess I would say 25-26" wide 160ish.....Now JB will come on here and tell me I'm crazy :) I just have to hang close to home untill the baby is born.....hopefully around 9-10.....rifle season opens 9-18 or so, so I should be able to get on him. I'm just bummed, was lookin forward to a big ole velvet buck.

Send me the GPS cordinates to the buck and I will send you a video copy of the hunt....It's the least I could do..:)

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Snort, after I kill him....I might tell you where this one is at.....or maybe I'll wait and see how big he gets next year :)

trailcam816822010.jpg

Ever heard of a spot light?! HaHa J/K.

That first one is a great buck. Congrats on the kid also.

Steve

Hardway, my birthday is in October. I've actually killed several bucks on my birthday. Maybe your new one will be as lucky!

Eel

Thats a stud of a california buck! He looks closer to 170 to me but your right them crossbreeds are hard to judge. I've got pictures of a 5x4 at 30 yards that I figured was close to 170, when my brother got the sheds of that buck the next spring I put a tape on them and I was way off. they grossed 185!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom