M

manny15

CENTER FOR RECLAIMING AMERICA?1/25/05

On January 13, a federal judge in Georgia ordered that
stickers, which had been placed in textbooks stating,
"evolution is a theory, not fact," be removed. In fact,
he said such criticisms of evolution are an endorsement
of religion and a violation of separation of church
and state!?.Do you think this ruling is outrageous!

Are we then to believe that evolution is to be taught as fact, and, therefore, the only option, to our children?
Based upon this ruling, it would certainly appear so!

Do Our Kids Deserve The Truth!

What's wrong with evolution? Fossil records seem to support it, what scientific discoveries disprove it?

Rut

MANNY...., EVOLUTION IS TAUGHT IN MOST SCIENCE RELATED CLASSES ACROSS THE NATION..HS AND COLLEGE/ AS IT SHOULD BE. RELIGION OUTSIDE OF EDUCATIONAL COMMUNITY IS OPTIONAL/ NOT EVERY PERSON WANTS/ OR USES RELIGION. LET PEOPLE CHOOSE FOR THEMSELVES, THEY DONT WANT IT SHOVED DOWN THEIR THROATS. TRY NOT TO GET UPSET WITH PEOPLE THAT DO NOT AGREE W/YOU, THIS IS A PERSONEL CHOICE..WHEN YOU FLY OFF THE HANDLE..YOU SUFFER. YD.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-02-05 AT 07:05PM (MST)[p]YD'

I was not flying off the handle, now you try and teach creation in a public school and you'll see some one fly off the handle.

America has gone off the deep end in this arena, by pushing so hard for separation of church & state, the American school districts have discriminated against creationists (Christians) of any kind to propagate a LIE!...However they don't mind teaching islam...Hmmmm

The evidence for evolution is miniscule, and if you don't know that then you need to study up on it, before you make wild claims of me flying off the handle... Last time I checked this was still the land of the free, and not just for atheist, but the God fearing also

Manny
Hard to swaller that we came from Monkeys--Apes-- or???HMMM
Pond scum?? Snail chit??Did we all come from the same place??
I don't think so. By the may your thoughs ARE interesting.

MANNY, ITS GOING TO TAKE A OPEN MIND, AND A LEVEL PLAYING FIELD TO COMMUNICATE WITH YOU. WE ALL KNOW THOSE TWO THINGS ARE NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. IN YOUR POSTS YOU END UP/ SEEMINGLY UPSET, AND STUCK IN A REVOLVING DOOR. YOU REALLY HAVE GOT TO PICK YOUR BATTLES/ AND THIS RELIGION ISSUE IS NOT A GOOD BATTLE FOR YOU. YOU DONT SEEM TO WIN PEOPLE OVER WITH YOUR APPROACH. TRY TO SEE THIS AS A CONSTRUCTIVE CRIT./ ADVICE. MANNY, IT DOES YOU LITTLE GOOD TO GET UPSET. PICK A DIFFERENT BATTLE. YD.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-03-05 AT 07:52AM (MST)[p]The evidence of evolution is miniscule? I should study up on it? Well the way I see it, atleast I have evidence. What do you have? I'm sorry Manny but I have a very strong scientific background I can't just can't buy into the whole "On the sixth day........"

Rut

Lets forget about the scientific approach here for a second, and lets think about simple fairness, why do American schools teach evolotion as a fact...?...and creation as a fairy-tale, but they don't see a conflict of interest when they dabble with teaching islam...?...

get a clue....

I don't remember taking Islam 101 in school, how are they teaching Islam?

Rut

Gee Many,I teach history and I use to teach science and guess what I teach Islam and Christianity in the same week of school when we study the middle East. I have always taught that evolution was part of God's creation. Now I bet your wires are really crossed Eh? I'm for providing our children with as much information as possible and let them use that knowledge to make thier own judgements. I'm not a preacher, just a teacher.
Michael

driftersifter,

You guys seem angry, just curious why is that, and why can't this subject be discussed as gentlemen...anyways you must be among the minority of teachers doing so, I know for a fact here in my area and in the Bay area, teachers are not giving equal air time to creation, and yes they have taught on Islam in the elementary schools...

I'm 48, and I don't ever remember them teaching me anything about creation in high school, it's pure discrimination, but because it's expectable and so common in modern society they get away with it, but I'm gonna make a prediction here, Christians are not gonna put up with it anymore...

Atheist's have been violently pushing their agenda since the 60's (Madeline Murray O'Hare)...And now MORAL people are not gonna take it any longer... by the way her son is a preacher now, and has apologized for his mothers actions, what ever happened to her she was a bitter woman???didn't she disappear a few years back, there was some hanky panky goings on with her co-atheists...

Manny, you're "throwing your pearls before the swine" The whole creation/evolution debate is rife with non-reason and I wonder what sort of Kierkegaardian "leap of faith" you expect from others? Pull your kids out of the God forsaken institution if you don't like it, for is the state really ever been a good steward of it's youth? Germany pre WW2 and Russia as examples. We have got to take responsibility for ourselves and not allow "Big Brother" to take care of things.

horseshoe'

good point, however it's too late for my kids they've already have neen thru the school system, one is a pot head and the other drinks too much, it was a struggle all the way with them thru their teens...

by the way, kool AKA, my guide business was named horseshoe guide srv....when it was up and running

Manny, I feel for you and flinch at the thought of my own kids approaching their teens. We did pull our son from public school and are enjoying the time with our kids. It is a big step that seems open to others' unsolicited opinions(mostly negative) but I am not beholden to those folks and what they think. There are many resourcess to help parents and here in B.C a fair bit of goverment support( not sure if that's good or not?) I attended public school myself and do not miss the BS that students have to endure from both the faculty and peers. It has only gotten worse since then.
I shoe horses for a living, thus the aka.
Andy

LAST EDITED ON Feb-25-05 AT 10:10AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Feb-25-05 AT 09:57?AM (MST)

"What scientific findings disprove evolution?" (someone posted this question earlier)

What scientific findings prove it!?!

I have had two "Anthropology" (aka evolution) classes at the UofU. They can't prove evolution. They can prove genetic drift, but not evolution. Survival of the fittest? Okay, then where did love come from? They don't know, they caugh it up to "altruistic" behavior. Altruism hardly explains it and they know it. Darwin even admitted he knew it as well.

Evolution was a theory developed by Darwin. Darwin, in his later years, admitted the theory was "interesting" but he did not believe it was the path of mans existence. You are teaching a theory developed by a scientist that doesn't believe his theory.

In 1787 the founding fathers passed a law that said all public schools should have a bible for each student. They wanted religion taught in school, obviously, or they would not have passed the bill.

Let's talk about evolution. It is explaining where we came from right? Okay, we came from a mud puddle somewhere in the form of some emeba? Where did that mud come from? Where did the planet come from? Where did the matter for the planet come from? Since matter can not be created or destroyed, right? Where is the edge of space, for that would truely be the beginning? There is no edge, for if there were there would be no space, in its truest form.

Emmerson believed in God, Washington believed in God, Eddison believed in God, Darwin believed in God, Einstein believed in God, and many many many more men smarter than I, believed in God. Eternity giving you a problem, having a hard time believing we could live forever, count to the end of numbers and see if eternity exists. Ahhh, it does.

We need a balanced education. Teach the theory of evolution, but balance that with the teachings of other beliefs in the world. Teach in history class that the most famous man that ever lived is Jesus Christ. There is no doubt that he lilved. There is no talk of him in school. The most famous man ever to come into existance and no one speaks of him in the public school. Does "public" school really represent the "public"?

Thank goodness for Bush! He wants to give me MY money back through some tax breaks so that I can afford to take my children to a private school where the children will receive an education from teachers who know they are the service provider and I and my children are the customer. The customer is always right.

Aspen,

If 60% of the worlds population is Muslim does that not make Mohammed the most famous person in the world? I think we should have a class called religion which would teach kids that there are a lot of different religous choices. Our Constitution guarantees Freedom of Religion so teaching one religion would seem to infringe upon this right.

The place for your religion to be taught is at home and practiced in your every day life.

BeanMan

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom