Daughter and brother got there Antelope also.....

S

supersider34

Brother got his about 11 a.m. yesterday and he snuck into a water hole and had a buck and some doe's come into him. His was 13 3/4 on both sides. Has been putting in for 11 yrs and drew.
Daughter got her's with me around 11:30 and it was 13 x 10. It had a broken horn. Her first year hunting. Was a chore as getting close was the problem.
I will post pics of wife's brothers daughter's and mine as soon as I get mine and get the film developed thae next day after.

fca2e9e9.jpg

sounds like you guys are off to a good start- especially your daughter- tell her good job for me !!!!! photos ?????
MICHAEL S. WAITE, TUCSON-MARANA, AZ.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-30-03 AT 06:20AM (MST)[p]Hunterman67 I am going to try for a monster i have been trying for, for 2 yrs of archery. I thought I was on him last weekend and from the heat waves I thought it was. i had a friend watching me stalk up on them and found them out on a flat. Well Dennis watched the big guy walk up to me from my left and he had no way of letting me know about him. Well got closer and it wasn't him out on the flat. Well when I finally got within 300 yds they spooked and the big one ended up coming from the direction saw him. My friend Eddie waas out there last year with me and figured that big one would go around 84". He was there and it was the one Dennis saw sneak in on me. He said it came to within 100 yds of me and I was to busy watching the ones in front of me. And of course belly crawling didnt help.LOL Sage brush to tall to see that far away from me. But I am thinking I am going to go look after work sometime this week and if I have to hunt him longer then I am going to get my film developed this weekend.

fca2e9e9.jpg

dude- you have a goal now, go after the big one you have seen. i can tell you this, i missed my "big one" opening morning, i put him to bed the night before- i watched that buck until i could not see any longer- he was there at 1st light- i had him- i had him !!!!! 250 broadside- i missed him- 2 times !!!!!. we walked away- WALKED away. they had not been shot at before- ever i think. anyway i decided to go around at him- at least the direction he went. i was doing the right thing, except i could not wait for another possible chance at the "big one"- when my buck jumped up at 120 yards i shot him dead !! he is a great buck- i will not pass on a buck his size- ever !!!!!, but he is not the "big one" i missed. not 1/2 hour after i shot mine- i loaded him on my atv, strapped him down, and began heading off- the "big one" walked out into the open at 100 yards. he looked at me at 100 yards- i videotaped him for 10 minutes just looking and walking- then bedding down. i have the "big one" bedding down in front of me at 200 yards on videotape- 30 minutes after i shot my buck. that is just not right- thats all i can say about that. i cannot pass up a buck like mine on the chance i might run into a bigger one later- i myself cannot do it. with deer or antelope- anything. if i have a good animal there ready to be shot at- i cannott and will not pass him up. you can do it i think, if you can- your something special- and you will get the "big one"- and you will deserve it- all my best luck man- tear him up !!!!! photo's ?????

Well Mike I went to find my buck and they moved cows in there. I know they dont spook them out but deer season is opening up next weekend and is only open for 2 weeks. I sat on a water hole today and got a small one. My first antelope. There is always next year during archery for the big one. He has been in the same spot for the last 2 yrs and this was the 3rd yr seeing him. So next yr he will be bigger and better. So will have to wait till then. Mine was not a monster like I wanted but still a OK buck. I sat and watched these antelope from 11 a.m. till 4:45 p.m. when they came in. I will get the film developed in the next few days. I will put in for a draw hunt again next year and know better how to hunt the area I was in on how. The big one is in a area I found the first time archery hunting and know it really well. The other area is new.

fca2e9e9.jpg

congradulations buddy- you did just fine. you took your 1st 'lope- good job, i am waiting for the photos-

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom