Daugther's first elk hunt!

huntswnm

Picked up my daughter one of the youth incentive cow elk tags for the earlier hunt. Left the house real early yesterday morning and were driving through a prime area at daylight. Spotted a herd off in a meadow and after getting her set up on the shooting sticks she made a perfect 160 yard down hill shot. Entered high left shoulder and mid-shoulder exit on the right side. Dropped her in her tracks. She was a very large mature cow, luckily we were able to get the vehicle fairly close so once we got her quartered there wasnt much carrying involved.
She made the shot before 7:00 am so we were back home by noon.
1582dscf2455.jpg

8134dscf2454.jpg

jeff

Way Way Cool. I never got either of my daughters to hunt with me......I am sure you are on cloud 9.

Thanks everybody. Yeah we were both pretty pumped. We hunted the youth deer hunt in 23 last year without seeing a buck so this was a nice change. She was using a .270 with 130gr Core-lock bullets. I shot a bull on the 1st rifle hunt in October as well with that same round. 1 shot and he went down.
She still has 1 more weekend of her 23 youth hunt so we will be back out there trying to find a buck, somewhere.

jeff

That's a beautiful thing!! a Father Daughter hunt could not get any better than that! Congratulations.

Hunting is Life...everything else is
Just details.
Ol' Buzztail...

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom