Dawg's Big Buck

G

grayfox

LAST EDITED ON Jun-17-03 AT 11:31AM (MST)[p]:D Just a few days ago Dawg noticed that he was plumb out of venison, so he called Ed,('cause he knew he would need help). Ed wasn't sure he wanted to go deer hunting at this time on account of that it wasn't quite deer season yet, but Dawg said: "Hey, amigo this is the best time, 'cause there won't be so many deer hunters!" So Ed came over to the Dawg's and pretty soon they were headed out.

They drove up to a likely spot, parked, and headed out to find one. It wasn't too long later that Dawg's best Bootick ran an extra nice buck right in front of them and both Ed and the Dawg started ashootin'. Twenty three shots later the buck fell dead way on down the hill.

Sometime later, Stan came along and saw his two friends dragging that big buck toward the road where Dawg's truck was parked. Trust Stan to figure things out pronto and he said: "Say, if you would drag that buck the other direction, it would be a lot easier. That way the horns wouldn't be ploughin' the ground the way they are now and causin' you two to be aworkin' so hard!"

Hours later and still draggin' and asweatin' Dawg says: Hey, Ed good thing Stanboy came along. This draggin' is way easier now!"
Whereupon Ed answers: "No doubt, amigo, but man we sure are gettin' a long ways from the truck!"

"The scenery never changes unless you are the lead dog."

i heard that ed and dawg quit contributing to this site and started hangin' out on the site just above it on the list. said it was something to do with the first 2 words on that site bein' sheep and goats. anybody know fer sure?

Now Gray Fox, how the hell do you expect anyone on this forum to believe a story so obviously full of holes in the plot and so riddled with flaws??

Allow me to point out some of the obvious flaws that you wouldn't even be able to slip past a black and tan guy.

Flaws in this story:

#1-You said I decided to go deer hunting because I was out of venison. I may be dumb enough to feed hounds, but I damn sure ain't dumb enough to eat venison!!

#2-Your story says Ed was at first having doubts about deer hunting since it was middle of summer and not deer season. Ha, not the Ed I know!! If anything he'd have said, "I ain't up for deer huntin'. I been deer huntin' the whole past week and killed about 25."

#3-Your story states that me and Ed killed a deer after 23 shots. Hell a mighty, I ain't never killed anything in less than 24 shots so no buddies of mine will believe that tall tale!

#4-One part said, "Trust Stan to figure things out"... Ha!! No hound guy has ever figured out his ass from his elbow let alone figured anything else out. And Stan is a hound guy. That one doesn't jive...

#5-You said, "Hours later and still draggin' and sweatin'"... Ed's been known to pass out just talkin' about hard labor, and the only thing I've ever stuck with for hours that made me sweat was a gal in Gallup named Lolita. Deer are coyote food and I wouldn't drag one of them stinkin' suckers 10 feet to my pack saddle.

The final flaw that was so glaring and almost laughable (even a Plott guy would have found this one) was the phrase "Best bootick"... To use the word "best" and "bluetick" in the same sentence is almost blasphemy!! Take your licks and gimme your best shot. But don't try to pass off such a pack of lies and half truths on me!!

"The scenery never changes from inside my dog kennel, lead dog or not!!"

Flaws? No doubt about that! Let's take a closer look....

#1. The Dawg not dumb enough to eat venison??? I question that statement as outright prevarication. I have personally watched the Dawg literally gorge himself on rare mule steaks. (Remember, I have witnesses!)The "not dumb enough to eat venison" is a highly unlikely claim at best. Dawg keeps Booticks for cryin' out loud! :p

#2. Well at least here you are makin' a little sense, Dawg. However, I know Ol' Ed too and when it comes slaughter and bloodshed, he can't resist! :eek:

#3. Your rebuttal here sounds more than just reasonable. I know it's hard to believe that you two might have accomplished a kill in only 23 shots, but "Lady Luck" does occasionally shine on the most unlikely of subjects and this was definitely one of those cases....Pure unadulterated luck!!! ;-)

#4. Hey all I can say here is, maybe Stan is smarter than you think. Sounds a bit like the kettle callin' the pot "black". Besides I think Stan probably has some cur dogs hid out somewhere. He is way too smart and talented to be a straight hound guy! Heh! Heh!:D

#5. Talk about picky...of course Ed wasn't workin' real hard. Ed doesn't need to actually work to sweat, but when you admitted "deer are good coyote food" now I understand. You just needed some more bait so you could get a good hot coyote race when you went huntin'! Right? We understand now, amigo!:7

Now as far as my referring to your "best Bootick", you must understand I didn't say "good Bootick", cause that would be right questionable. "Best" is a relative term and only compares one thing to another. For instance, if I had a basket full of rotten, stinky apples...no matter how bad they all were there would still be a "best" one!!! Right??? Heh! Heh! :7

Your rebuttal, no matter how interesting is nothin' but spin, amigo! We will just have to take it at face value! }>

"The scenery never changes unless you are the lead dog."

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom