Daypacks, what do you use or suggest?

ixsolracxi

I am looking at a daypack for elk hunting...just wondering what you all use (why you prefer it over others) and what brands would you suggest...i am looking at something that will distribute the weight away from my shoulders and more towards my waist and hips, what is too large/too small and over best convenience, i like the convenience of a hydration system and the need to carry neccessities (extra calls,2 bottled h20's in case of emergency,some food, rope,etc)basically, enough to keep me going overnight if it ever occurs...i am currently looking at two brands w/different styles from each: 1) Camelback and 2) Gerber; Camelback Commander 100oz bladder/2747 cubic inches; Camelback Raider 70oz bladder/336 cubic inches; Gerber Canyon 100oz/1420 cu inches Gerber Epoch 100oz/757 cu inches Gerber Medal 70oz/316 cu inches Gerber Quadrant 70oz/630 cu inches

i lean more towards the 100oz bladders and my only concern w/the gerbers is the plastic sliding system...i camp off forest service roads and hike in each morning and i have a frame for hauling quarters out, just looking for something something smaller for my hunt time......as always, your input, suggestions and difference of opinions is always appreciated...

solrac

You really need to look at the Badlands packs. Most confortable pack I have worn.

I had bought some other daypacks but never was satisfied until I got my badlands. I got the SuperDay.

For a day pack i have used a Crooked horn master Guide pack for the last 10+ yrs (give or take a few) and I would use nothing else. They are a top notch company and the pack is incredible. i have packed out a entire Black Tail boned out and several times packed half a Blck Tail quartered.

Good luck!!!

well, as always thanks for the suggestions...i went with the camelback commander and it seems to fit all my needs for the days hunt (food, equipment, bottled water)and if i had to camp in the field overnight i would be ok...

...common sept 1

solrac

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom