Dead Animal Smeal

B

bckcntrybuck

Does the smell of an elk or dear carcass screw up an area???? And how big of an area does it affect if it does?

dead DEER SMELLS draws in yotes,fox,bears,buzzards,crows,meat bees! However its natures way of cleaning up!
No way does it run "DEER" out be cause it "SMELLS".
road kill happens in some of the best areas to a point that they may be dead "DEER" every 50yrd and I seen it before and the crows were their by the thousands!
jack

I wouldn't think so. My brother killed his elk about 200 yards from where I killed mine last year & only a few days later. I also came across other carcasses in the area & they stunk real bad but the hunting was still good.

I shot and field dressed a bull 10 yards from a tank in the Gila last year. For the next 3 evenings, we saw several cows and bulls step over the carcass to get to water. They didn't even put their noses down to smell.

looks like i was half asleep when i posted the question. Thanks everybody for teaching me how to spell.

Last year in Montana my partner shot a buck...we field dressed it and hiked out to get packs...when we came back there were two does standing over the dead buck sniffing it...I had never seen anything like it...

My dead muzz buck from a few years ago and a few of his friends who didn't seem to mind...
onlookers.jpg

AntlerQuest Hunt Consulting and Scouting

Deerking,
Did I see that pic in a magazine a while ago?? It looks real familiar.

younghunter22

younghunter
Good memory, it was in Trophy Hunter a while back.

AntlerQuest Hunt Consulting and Scouting

DK,

There's proof enough. However, I had a friend that arrowed a antelope. While waiting for it to die, 2 doe antelope approached but spooked once they were downwind. I imagine that it may have been the smell of fresh blood, or maybe a hormone produced by the dying buck.

Josh

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom