"Deadliest Catch"

Jabali

'Deadliest Catch' captain suffers stroke

One of the stars of the reality show "Deadliest Catch" suffered a stroke yesterday while in port at St. Paul Island, according to Web sites associated with the show.

An engineer found Cornelia Marie captain Phil Harris on the floor of his stateroom, according to the Cornelia Marie Web site. He was immediately taken to a clinic in St. Paul -- the same place he was treated for a blood clot two years ago -- and flown to Anchorage for treatment, the site says.

"Phil is at a good hospital and receiving the best care possible," wrote Morgan Howard, the son of Cornelia Marie Devlin, majority owner of the F/V Cornelia Marie.

"My mother ... and Jake Harris are with him at the hospital. Josh is staying on the boat to help the new relief skipper who is flying out there today. The boat is in the harbor now, but needs to be able to leave in case the ice shifts and moves in," Howard wrote.

Harris was in port, off-loading his boat at the time of the stroke, according the Discovery Channel Web site.

That is terrible to hear, but not much of a surprise....that guy was a walking stroke, a real picture of health. Man cannot survive on cigarettes and coffee alone.....

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Don't forget the Red bull's...

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-31-10 AT 03:03AM (MST)[p] Like was said before, it is no surprise to anyone. He may act tough on tv but he has not been well for quite some time.
Eric
famousfigures_abevigoda.gif

Ultra liberal, wolf loving, illiterate, gay, hippie midgets on crack piss me off!!!!

deerline.gif

That's a pisser. We've all come to like these guys, but it's no surprise that none of them will live to be old. I feel for his boys.

>That is terrible to hear, but
>not much of a surprise....that
>guy was a walking stroke,
>a real picture of health.
>Man cannot survive on cigarettes
>and coffee alone.....
>
>
>great post/pic, thanks for sharing
>
>JB
>
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Yea every once in awhile you need a woman

Not good news.

Thing is however, the lifestyle he chose is HIS decision and everyone has the right to go to Hell in their own way.

If you go back and watch season 1 or 2, you can see that Phil has taken a huge dive for the worse in the last few years. Hardly even looks like the same guy.

2a0fcsk.gif

The doctor said that Red Bull is the reason for my stroke. I was 22 at the time. Bad stuff stay away from it. I'm sure the cigarettes are not helping much either. Hope he is able to recover.

NO GUTS, NO STORY!!

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Yet he urges his own son to follow in his footsteps....go figure!

http://i764.photobucket.com/albums/xx290/slamdunk_04/E1x1BWINV1-2.jpg[/IMG]

That's sad to hear. Ol' Captain Harris set out a lot of "pots" in his day.

Eel

Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.

I'll bet ol' captain Harris has burned a "pot" or two in his day too....right eel??

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

They say he's a pretty good poker player.

Eel

Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.

I play hold em quite a bit with one of his deckhands (Freddie)
down in Jackpot..He's pretty good too.
When he ain't fishin he just stays in the RV park and plays poker till its time to get back on the water..

LAST EDITED ON Feb-01-10 AT 08:11PM (MST)[p]Can't say you couldn't see it coming - when I read the words "Captain suffers stroke" - knew exactly who it was and what it was all about.

My prayers are with his family and crew.

http://www.nydailynews.com/fdcp?1265080135380

'Deadliest Catch' star
Phil Harris put into
coma after 12-hour
surgery following
stroke

By Soraya Roberts
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER
'Deadliest Catch' star Phil Harris was in
surgery for 12 hours last night after
suffering a stroke.

The captain of the Cornelia Marie was put
into a medically-induced coma to reduce
brain swelling after surgery, TMZ reports.

A source close to Harris' family said his
sons, Cornelia Marie deckhands Jake and
Josh, are hoping to speak with the doctors
today.

The boys released the following statement
through the Discovery Channel,

"Josh and Jake Harris thank everyone for
their heartfelt thought and prayers. 'The
Deadliest Catch' community has always
been more like family than just fans, and
Discovery Channel joins the Harris boys in
thanking everyone for their wishes of