Death Penalty for White Collar Crimes?

Forthewall

Long Time Member
Should white collar criminals face the death penalty? I know it would ally us with countries like China, but it appears to be the only deterent.

http://money.aol.com/news/articles/_a/bbdp/big-names-tied-to-alleged-madoff-scheme/277745

Whether it's Madoff, Ley, Ebbers, Kozlovski, Keating, Milkin, Boesky, Fastow etc. (the list is long), it appears the thought of fed prison time alone does not deter their crimes. Yet the aftermath of their greed results in the complete financial collapse of many law-abiding hard working Americans. While the criminals are held at low-security white collar federal prisons (country clubs), the victims are left financially ruined.

If not the Death Penalty then what will deter wealthy white collar criminals from their blind greed? In every case these criminals were already more than wealthy before committing their crimes.

You got to be dreaming! We have numerous serial killers, serial rapists-killers of children that have been sitting on death row for many years and will never see the death chamber room.
I can see the liberal anti-death idiots screaming to high heaven for even thinking about it.
China used to also execute drug dealers by shooting them in the head when caught and our country would never go for that let along white collar crime.

RELH

You are wrong RELH....Liberals would love to see a rich republican donator put to death....they wouldn't say a word......not a single word.

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB

LAST EDITED ON Dec-15-08 AT 03:07PM (MST)[p]I don't know who this D13er guy is, but he has to be the nicest guy on here. He always ends his threads with great post/pic, thanks for sharing. Too bad not everyone on here is that decent, appreciative, and friendly!

;)

FTW,

The death penalty for white collar criminals? You must want this country to spend billions more defending the never ending appeals and stays of execution. How well has the death penalty deter murder?

Why not enforce the laws currently on the books? Madoff's going to be a convicted felon spending time in the big house. How would executing him prevent anyone from doing the same thing? The only way for execution to be a deterent is for it to be summary and on the spot. That way nobody knows who is safe and stays in line, ask Stalin how effective summary execution worked for him or any other two bit dictator.

There are people who need to be executed for the simple reason they do not deserve to live due to the nature of their crimes. Running a Ponzi scheme of $50 billion bucks doesn't rise to the level of crime as murdering somebody. It sucks, it destroyed people's financial futures and cost some their life savings but it is not something punishable by death.

Nemont

I want to be in on the tar and feathering, is that possible?
driftersifter

FTW, I agree that we do need some deterent, more than what we have now.

If Madoff can hurry and plead guilty, Bush can pardon him before he leaves office!:)

Eel

President Obama and Congress should leave gun rights alone. It's above their pay grade.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom