debate

shphtr59

just got the conservation matters -int'l wildlife mgmt symposium report, held in Dec 2011 by GOABC. One of the featured speakers was D. Peay, under the heading of SFW. Interesting to say the least, here's the link to the presentation, but also totally against the NA wildlife conservation model. Some pretty good claims, Randy might want to get ahold of.

Very interesting slide! Randy should be able to cut more than a few of those claims to pieces and DP was invited up there as one of the "world experts"!

No surprise considering he knows absolutely nothing about wildlife biology nor management. His education is in chemical engineering. The only thing he knows about wildlife is how to personally profit from it.

Member RMEF, UBNM, UWC & the SFW Hate Club

He even said Utah is the "Serengeti of North America"! What the hell are you all in Utah complaining about then?

Wow we sure have had some great success with the wildlife mangers we have now. Maybe we need a well educated person, not on the States payroll, to voice an opinion and and able to do something about it.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-12-12 AT 07:52PM (MST)[p]>Wow we sure have had some
>great success with the wildlife
>mangers we have now.
>Maybe we need a well
>educated person, not on the
>States payroll, to voice an
>opinion and and able to
>do something about it.

Does Corey Rossi qualify? I heard he's available. I think I saw his resume on Monster.com under "predator control engineer".

Member RMEF, UBNM, UWC & the SFW Hate Club

LAST EDITED ON Apr-12-12 AT 08:14PM (MST)[p]OttercreekKid (13 posts)
Apr-12-12, 06:08 PM (MST)
7. "RE: debate"
Wow we sure have had some great success with the wildlife mangers we have now. Maybe we need a well educated person, not on the States payroll, to voice an opinion and and able to do something about it.

From what everyone has stated, including many SFW Utah members, it sounds like the SFW with Don Peay at the head has run the DWR for over ten years and yet the deer continue to be way down. Therefore, I agree with you and think maybe it IS time to get an educated person to run the show and not some chemical engineer by trade and education, LOL!

TOPGUN, name one sportsman group that has done more for the deer herds in Utah than SFW.

+1 6speed! It's hard to believe and impossible to discuss this issue with the SFW lovers who can't see that the tag grab is raping them by taking millions of dollars in over the years with a small percentage going to the ground troops for their work while Don and his cronies are getting rich with public money. These guys have absolutely no reading comprehension when I keep telling them that they, the ground troops, are not the problem and that I applaud what they are doing! If the organization was transparent and gave them the huge amounts of money they should be getting, then they could do a he** of a lot more good. Now the focus is on predators and Don has stated that in five years or less the deer herd will gain huge number of animals, while up until now it has been "habitat" and yet everyone says the Utah deer numbers keep going down. Kudos for you guys on the Forums who are doing what you can and what you believe in while a slick politician is getting rich and laughing at you!

"More" is relative. The real question would be for all "conservation groups" and their applied effort, are they producing results? In this case I believe that we have to answer with a no. Mule Deer are still on a decrease therefore no one has found the missing link to mule deer recovery. With that being said one could then rate failure by cost verse benefit and deduct those with the most cost/effort would be the greatest failure. All perspective I guess!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom