Dec 2009 4x4 Mule Deer

Good Looking deer, Story? Did you see any rut activity? How much rain did you receive in your area? Were you able to scout prior to this hunt and know what this buck was up to? Did the weather impact his habits?

The reason I ask is I am heading out on Thursday for 4 days. I was not able to make it out opening weekend but I am hoping the deer are doing the same thing I have been watching them do for the last month..

John

LAST EDITED ON Dec-14-09 AT 09:37PM (MST)[p]I glassed this buck up moving around 8:00 in the morning and watched him until he bedded. I did a 3/4 of a mile stalk with the wind in my favor. I got 40 yards away and shot him as he was bedded. There was rain prior to the opening day which made the ground soft. I had been scouting this area for a while and the deer patterns did stay the same. The rut has not taken off yet, I did see one mature buck with does showing some attention to one doe. I did glassed several herds of deer and saw no mature bucks with them. This buck I harvested was solo.

Nice job. I jumped a nice 4pt out of his bed at 20 yards heading to a hill to glass for the afternoon. He wouldn't stop for a shot. Tracked him a 1/2 mile and lost him. Only deer I saw in 3 1/2 days. Frustrating thinking of the would've, could've, should'ves because that should've been a dead deer. Seemed like all the rain and wind holed them up for a while.

Ryan
www.KeyToTheKaibab.com

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom