Dec Oryx Hunt Results?

J

james_wvu

Did anyone have any luck on the WSMR Oryx hunt this weekend? Anyone hunt Rhodes Canyon.

I just got home from the hunt on Rhodes Canyon. What a great hunt!! Killed a heavy bull with 8" bases and he carried the mass good too. Real close to 35". Saw a cow with the group I shot mine out of that had to be 39+...I wanted a bull, so I didn't shoot her. It is a great experience and I would highly recommend it to anyone who likes to hunt!
4765e2174d6318b3.jpg

Awesome! PLEASE do not tell me that you cut that thing off at the neck and ruined a perfectly good Oryx cape??????

Jeff

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, weapon in one hand, calls in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Oh no...there is a gorgeous, good cape on the ground there with the head, you just can't see it in the picture. The only regrettable thing about the hunt is not be able to take pictures on the range...they could re-think that rule and probably make the once-in-a-lifetime tag holders a lot happier. I had to pack my Oryx out and had to cape him at the kill site...wish I could have driven to him and carried him to a place where we could taken some pictures...oh well.

Excellent Job!!
Jeff

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, weapon in one hand, calls in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Congrats on a great bull! That big boy looks pretty thick.I shot my oryx in Tularosa Gate and I too found a bunch and a long horned cow got me jazzed up. I shot her and it's to this day my favorite mount/hunt/trophy. Shot her on my birthday with my dad along side with a .270 he handed down to me as a young boy. I agree about the field pics as I didn't get to take many, I rushed a few and they didn't turn out too good, but have all the memories and am reminded everyday as I walk inot my home office! Again , congrats on your beautiful bull , ya done just right! Merry Christmas....Larry

very nice indeed! I gotta start putting in for that one. Littlemonster got a cow but all I have is pics of the head in the back of his truck. Not too good at that. I'll post if you all want.

bighorn,

If you do not mind, I will send you a pm soon about Oryx and get your opinions? I have been researching the options, but would like to hear your take on some questions I have.

Again, great Oryx. I would love to get a bull like you like you got. I am going to start applying for Oryx this year!

Please look for the pm next week!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom