decent blacktail

C

CHWine

I'm starting to get the hang of where to put my trail cams.

5293pt.jpg

Nice Blacktail. I like the eyeguards too. Looks like you should get couple more pictures of him.

6065nite3.jpg

I'm using Moultrie I50's that I bought from Cabelas for $179. I've been watching everyone else get into the trail cam thing, and I finally took the plunge. I like the time, temp and moon phase on the pics too.

I had a guy on blacktail country website say how brave I was to put my camera so close to a road. That road is a mile from the county road behind a locked gate. Our place is on the east side of HWY 101 in the Ukiah area. We border the cow mountain area. Deer numbers up on the public are pretty bad as lions and the lack of control burning has hurt them.

We've got a pretty good population and are careful about what we shoot. I saw a group of 11 bucks last Thursday, with 3 shooters. A month ago I saw 13 in one group.

I have a couple of guys coming for archery (one from AZ the other from KS) soon. I'm into the swap hunting pretty big. I've been to MO for whitetail, AZ for javalena and my brother has been to AK for caribou all from swap hunts.

Nice pics. Sure wish I had that broadside shot yesterday for the opener. Still have the tag in hand...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom