Decker fire by Salida

How is this going to affect the deer hunting in this unit? I have a 82 3rd rifle deer tag and i was planning on hunting in this exact area. Do you think they will open the area up by november? Is all of the activity going to push a lot of the game out of the area?

Colorado Division of Fire Management and Protection
Colorado Parks and Wildlife (CPW)

You should be able to get all the info from the above sites
Depending on how long the fire continues that area may not be open
to travel any time soon according to the local news they are letting it
burn to try to clean out the beetle kill trees and concentrating on keeping it away from Salida

Thanks guys. We travel through Canon City and Salida on our way over to Gunnison. Hunting 66 again for deer. My daughter has a tag for second season. Id hate to head that way to find the highway closed next Friday.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom